Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolka Valley Yesterday?

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

It was all cornered off and there was about 4 Garda cars inside it yesterday. Also the Helicopter was going over it for hours aswell. Anybody hear what happened?

I was listening to Adrian Kennedy on the way home and some woman was on saying that over the last few weeks four young girls have been taken, beaten, raped and left in the valley. Don't know how true that is though.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I would think if the reports of abduction and rape were true it would have made national news at this stage. I suspect she was just repeating the spam rumours floating around on facebook and by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

was going to post the same yesterday, and forgot all about it, :o

seen they had dingey boat, on the side with a few divers this was about just after 11 am, think they were ready to use the boat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Given that teen ager's body was found in meath they are going to go and check all local and possible dump sites for the weapon and anything else useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I passed there this morning at 7.25am and there was a patrol car and a van, whole area still cordoned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

From what I heard, There was a murder there yesterday morning and a body was found. Can't confirm if its true(And I hope not).

I live right beside the valley and everyone around here seems to be saying the same thing.

• Advertisement

From what I heard, There was a murder there yesterday morning and a body was found. Can't confirm if its true(And I hope not).

I live right beside the valley and everyone around here seems to be saying the same thing.

thats what i heard as well this afternoon, a women body was found aptly she was raped,

Still nothing offically reported?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

glossy wrote: »
    a women body was found aptly she was raped,

I'm assuming you meant apparently, and not that it was apt she was raped?

They were searching for any weapons that could've been used in the murder of Daniel McAnaspie. Nothing came up though.

Source: Northside people.

Wonder why it is still cordoned off this morning and Garda van present if they didn't find anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭thomasj

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    It was all cornered off and there was about 4 Garda cars inside it yesterday. Also the Helicopter was going over it for hours aswell. Anybody hear what happened?

I was listening to Adrian Kennedy on the way home and some woman was on saying that over the last few weeks four young girls have been taken, beaten, raped and left in the valley. Don't know how true that is though.

I was wondering that myself but recently gardai have being doing door to doors in the area asking people to keep their children in.

Is it the start of the zombie apocalypse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Justin10

What a clown who ever came with up that story.

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm assuming you meant apparently, and not that it was apt she was raped?

oops,, cooking and inter net dont mix :D

thomasj wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself but recently gardai have being doing door to doors in the area asking people to keep their children in.

think that's too with another story, heard that there was a a temp on a child amputation(sp) in the area on tues, as like last week in Huntstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

think that's too with another story, heard that there was a a temp on a child amputation(sp) in the area on tues, as like last week in Huntstown

Do you mean an attempted child abduction :confused:

athtrasna wrote: »
    Do you mean an attempted child abduction :confused:

yes, i belive it happing quite alot

for my life i coundnt think how to spell abduction even with spell check didnt help..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

thats what i heard as well this afternoon, a women body was found aptly she was raped,

You are having a shocker with the keyboard.
    LadyW wrote: »
    Wonder why it is still cordoned off this morning and Garda van present if they didn't find anything?

I walked through it today with the dog and saw nothing. Is it up the ladyswell end?

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

kenon wrote: »

I walked through it today with the dog and saw nothing. Is it up the ladyswell end?

Nah, down the other end near the roundabout that leads to the N3 and BSC

• Advertisement

Yes that's right Jack. All back to normal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

It's surprising the amount of crimes that go hushed up. If anyone remembers the big bru ha ha at the front of the medical centre/old folks home in Hartstown? Just round the corner from the Eurospar? There was a cordon on the road for days, and something off on the green over where the school is, and even bloody tissues left on the ground afterwards, yet no reporting.

Biggest issue then is all you have to go by is hearsay. What's right, what's wrong?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If crimes are hushed up, how do you know about them? Unless something is reported to the gardai and they agree a law has been broken, then there is no crime to hush up.

Perhaps you'd care to share with us what you think has been hushed up?

I think it is cos a lot of it isn't considered news worthy, so it never hits the main meda outlets which is where local papers can come into there own but even those miss things.

It's intresting to see that in parts of canada and america and germany local people started using google maps to keep track of local crimes from break ins to cara theft to hit and runs to assualt and rape.

It gave people a heads up and eventually provided patterns which the police were able to use to catch offenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't think there was any covering up here. If they were looking for the murder weapon used on that poor lad, that's not a new crime we didn't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Gaspode wrote: »
    If crimes are hushed up, how do you know about them? Unless something is reported to the gardai and they agree a law has been broken, then there is no crime to hush up.

Perhaps you'd care to share with us what you think has been hushed up?
    A few lads got stabbed in Hartstown, there was a police cordon on one of the main roads off the Hartstown road for several days, and over on the green beside the school there... And no reports in media?

Advertisement