Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Diploma Level 3 in ICT Systems Support

Options
  • 26-05-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello.I am learning a course Advance Diploma in ICT Systems Support. I am facing issues with studying this course as I don't have the relevant resources to learn from. I have the following topics to cover for exam

Unit 501: Plan for the delivery of ICT support services and assist in the acquisition of ICT systems :

Determine customer requirements for ICT systems and support services
    Evaluate available ICT systems and services against customer requirements
    Prepare and present suitable options for the acquisition of ICT systems and support services
    Develop plans to ensure that the ICT infrastructure delivers the required functionality, capacity and level of support

Unit 502: Customer Support Provision

provide technical support to customers
    gather and evaluate feedback from customers regarding the improvement of the technical support provided
    improve customer use of ICT by analysing trends
    provide remote technical customer support
    provide coaching in technical skills for customers

Unit 503: Install, configure and integrate networked hardware and software

Carry out risk assessment and ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed
    Survey the user environment for installation of hardware equipment and systems
    Install hardware equipment and systems
    Install and configure systems software
    Expand (by integration) ICT systems to allow additional facilities

Can you please help me find some good books which cover these 3 main topics or any suitable website or resource I can study from. I have exam next month and I am not in a position to appear for it now but if you please help me that will be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is this FETAC or City and Guilds or something similar? It reads as much more advanced than Fetac level 3, unless it is the old level 3 (the old level 2 is now Fetac level 5, the modules still say 2 on them).

If it is Fetac and a teacher was preparing to teach it they would create assignments that covered the topics, and an exam paper to match. Who will set your exam paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 limerickboy

its city and guilds equals 07 certification

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sorry I can't help you then :) I'm not sure this is the best forum for your question, maybe try Distance and Part-time, or one of the ITs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 limerickboy

thanks

Advertisement