Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firepit in Garden

Options
  • 26-05-2010 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi Guys not sure if this is the right forum please feel free to move mods
    Whats the story with these firepits that i see increasingly in shops. Fancy little
    stove type things for burning wood in while in the garden. Is this Legal in ireland to have a small fire in tha back yard. I was thinking of getting one but what put me off was i lit a small fire in my back garden and the neighbour complained about the smoke !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

It all depends on what you burn, if you were burning green cuttings from your trees there would likely be a lot of smoke annoying your neighbour.
    Burn charcoal and it will burn hot and clean and have next to no smoke.
    Burning properly seasoned wood will also give good heat and little smoke.
    What were you burning when your neighbour complained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 hangover_ie_ie

ah nice advice charlie :)
    never thought about charcoal. i was actually burning my woodies wooden table and chairs i bought 3 years ago. the seats broke through on all them so i decided to spark em up. might of been the reddish varnich stuff that made the fumes mate:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We have a chiminea and have found charcoal to be the least smoky fuel. Plus you can cook on it - we often fry sausages on a camping pan when we're sitting around it in the evenings :)

Advertisement