Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorced Parents - Lived with one parent in 2009 but now with other in 2010

Options
  • 25-05-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Pretty much summed up in title, I hope! I'm in full time education (Level 8 degree). I was living with one parent until around the beginning of this year and am now living with the other at a different address in the same local authority area. so maintenance is now being paid directly to me to avoid any delays or other issues while I've been in college during term. Whenever I'm at home I give back whatever share of maintenance my dad would get for my time at home.

Now the form describes that the financial considerations are in general based over the year 2009. But I was living with my mother during that year.

So what should I do? Firstly, is the fact that my mum pays me money directly as part of maintenance something that should be put down as maintenance income to my father or what?

Secondly, do I use the household reckonable income of where I lived in 2009 or where I lived in 2010??

The forms and guidance literature only describe simple situations and I cannot find any detailed information:(

Any help would be really appreciated.

Advertisement