Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you open a Dollar Bank account?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hey,

I think that this would be the best forum to ask this question. Is it possible to open an account in Dollars in an Irish bank. In other words, your money is stored in Dollars and the exchange rate doesn't affect it? Or even an account in Sterling in AIB/bank of Ireland/Ulster bank, etc???

regards,
    Bobby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭blaaah

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Hey,

I think that this would be the best forum to ask this question. Is it possible to open an account in Dollars in an Irish bank. In other words, your money is stored in Dollars and the exchange rate doesn't affect it? Or even an account in Sterling in AIB/bank of Ireland/Ulster bank, etc???

regards,
    Bobby

Yes its possible sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

With AIB or who? You can definitely hold a Dollar account with them and a sterling account? Do poker players cash out of their poker accounts into these accounts? As a laser transaction? Saves money ya?Cheers,Bobby
    blaaah wrote: »
    Yes its possible sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

bank of ireland do it, really easy to set up, although i transferred dollars from an american bank account so maybe that was why it was so painless!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭blaaah

RobBaxter wrote: »
    With AIB or who? You can definitely hold a Dollar account with them and a sterling account? Do poker players cash out of their poker accounts into these accounts? As a laser transaction? Saves money ya?Cheers,Bobby

I believe both aib and boi have these accounts...simple to set up... but thing is your still going to get done on the bad rate at the mo if changing euro to dollar. most poker players would not have these i presume, I no I do not so hopefully somebody else can shed some light on this for you. I think most ppl wait for the exchange rate to go in their favour before taking money off poker sites as I am currently waiting to do also.

Advertisement