Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where exactly should I feel movement?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am 21 weeks pregnant on my first and wondering is what I'm experiencing actually the baby move?

I felt the "fluttering" around week 18-19, but the last few days I am feeling a stronger feeling like a kind of like a light muscle spasm/twinge or like wind in the bottom of my tummy and not around my belly button where the baby would be situated.

I usually feel this when I am sitting down.

Does anyone know what this might be?? :confused:

Thanks,

Poms:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

At this early stage in the pregnancy your baby still has lots of room to move around and kick you wherever he or she likes! You might feel kicks low down or high up at the belly button.

You will probably feel them when you sit down as you are at rest and this is when babies like to wake up! Its a novelty now but wait until you're 37 weeks and trying to go to sleep with a baby kicking you in the ribs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

Ah thanks for that, I wasn't sure whether it was movement or not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

At 21 weeks your baby is still very low. The top of your uterus doesn't go over your belly button until 24 weeks so low down is perfectly normal. I'm 23 weeks and still feel a lot of my kicks very low, sometimes it feels like she is using my bladder as a trampoline!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

At 21 weeks your baby is still very low. The top of your uterus doesn't go over your belly button until 24 weeks so low down is perfectly normal. I'm 23 weeks and still feel a lot of my kicks very low, sometimes it feels like she is using my bladder as a trampoline!!

Ha sooo looking forward to that! :D

Advertisement