Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late period not pregnant

Options
  • 25-05-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

can anyone help i havent had my periods for the last 6months after getting the coil out and i know for sure im not pregnant. can any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have you lost weight recently? If so it could be that as i didnt have any for three months due to me losing a lot of weight. I would go to your gp if i was you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Go see a doctor.Straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seemingly no-one bothers to tell women, but when you stop taking hormonal contraceptives, it can take some time for the normal menstrual cycle to kick back in. Some women get it straight away, others (very few) are delayed by a year or more.

3 months is almost considered "normal" and anything up to 6 months is considered common, however it is recommended to go see you doctor if menstruation hasn't restarted after 3 months.

So there's probably nothing to worry about, but go to your doctor. This week at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

How do you know for sure you're not pregnant?

Advertisement