Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART windows - please open them people!!

Options
  • 25-05-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

This just really irks me - why can people sitting/standing beside DART windows not open them on hot/humid days???

It's not a difficult thing to do but are the majority of people so comfortable in the stuffy stale air that they are just not bothered?

Please please please - if you are beside a window open it and make the journey more comfortable for everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I am with you on this, I remember when I was in school, it was a warm humid September and one of my friends opened a window. Next thing some old <expletive> started roaring at us to close it as it was too cold. People are incredibly odd about things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

AC doesn't really work with the windows open. (only 8520s are fully fitted with AC though & don't have open-able windows)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Talking about the trains with windows and no air-con!!

Looking at the sun outside I am dreading the trip home!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Talking about the trains with windows and no air-con!!

Looking at the sun outside I am dreading the trip home!

just stay late and get a DART when its quite :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

AC doesn't really work with the windows open. (only 8520s are fully fitted with AC though & don't have open-able windows)

Are these the ones where if you are lucky enough, you end up sitting beside the window on the side the sun is shining in and burning a hole in your cheek and you have no window to open? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

One thing that was nice last time I got a BÉ coach was to have curtains to stop that greenhouse effect. Also there was AC, only problem was it would finally get cool enough to shut off the AC duct, and obviously the bus climate control also felt it was cool enough as the heating kicked in!!! Cue opening AC vent again and directing it down the window to the heater below me!

The Mark 3s could be brutal at times for heat - staff all in shirts and heating obviously set to a temperature to suit them (like in many shops too). So especially in the winter you could go from freezing cold outside to being in tropical heat ready to expire instantly the moment you stepped on board in your winter woolies. You'd end up with a big bundle of redundant clothes to stash above you!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

And let's not forget B.O ...

I suspect a lot of people forget their daily shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Oink wrote: »
    And let's not forget B.O ...

I suspect a lot of people forget their daily shower.

You mean, we are supposed to have them every day now? :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement