Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm not setting - Scoptronic Homegaurd

Options
  • 25-05-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Have an apt with alarm about 15 years old. It's an alarm scoptronic homegaurd (manufactured by europlex). it always worked fine, but apt has been rented now for 6 years and I dont think the tenents ever used it much. the last time i tested it myself was about 2 yrs ago and it was fine. however went we tried to set it last week it wont set. Type in the code & the letter U comes up ('disarmed') and that's it.
    anyone any idea how what it could be? (now the last tenant mentioned he set the alarm off before he left when he turned off the fridge via the fusebox & disarmed with the code - could have nothing to do with it but funny con-incidence?)
    any ideas?
    Cheers,
    DSN

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you pressing zero before your code?
    Also try the factory code 04567 .
    After you enter your code is the displays flashing anything else before going back to "U"?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Yes we're using 0 before the code so will give the factory code a go. Thanks alot. DSN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

DSN wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Have an apt with alarm about 15 years old. It's an alarm scoptronic homegaurd (manufactured by europlex). it always worked fine, but apt has been rented now for 6 years and I dont think the tenents ever used it much. the last time i tested it myself was about 2 yrs ago and it was fine. however went we tried to set it last week it wont set. Type in the code & the letter U comes up ('disarmed') and that's it.
    anyone any idea how what it could be? (now the last tenant mentioned he set the alarm off before he left when he turned off the fridge via the fusebox & disarmed with the code - could have nothing to do with it but funny con-incidence?)
    any ideas?
    Cheers,
    DSN

The alarm is on the same circuit as the fridge, when he turned off the electricity the back up battery is meant to kick in to support the alarm. I cant see the alarm going back to factory setting unless the LK1 was removed then the alarm powered back up. If you try a walk test on the alarm you might find something not working that is stopping the alarm from setting. To get into the user walk test enter 0#6 on the keypad.

Hi all thanks for responses. have tried all to no avail. alarm goes P then A before going back to U after code entered. anyway I called an alarm company near by who said yeh prob something simple like sensor gone or that he quoted €100+vat to fix (no fix no fee) does that sound reasonable?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Call out is a little bit high. He will probobly add on any parts to that if anything needs to be replaced. PA is referring a panic button. Check & see if a panic putton is pressed down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Hi all thanks for responses. have tried all to no avail. alarm goes P then A before going back to U after code entered. anyway I called an alarm company near by who said yeh prob something simple like sensor gone or that he quoted €100+vat to fix (no fix no fee) does that sound reasonable?
    Be sure to shop around. Use only guys with en50131 and a psa license.:)

As koolkid said it is the panic button. The u after you enter your code is just telling you the alarm is unset. The call out is very high, i would shop around for a cheaper price. They can hardly charge you if they dont fix the alarm :)

thank you! panic button thats interesting I think there is a panic button in the bedroom & will defo make a few more calls.
    PS - anyone in the business want to PM me & interested in doing it - apt is in Dublin 8?

thank you! panic button thats interesting I think there is a panic button in the bedroom & will defo make a few more calls.
    PS - anyone in the business want to PM me & interested in doing it - apt is in Dublin 8?

If that is the case, i would say the panic has just being pressed by mistake. Turning the key in this device should close up the P.A. zone. Might save you a call out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but hopefully OP got sorted ! I have the same alarm system & when I enter the code I get t then L on the display and it will not set. Would anybody be able to tell me what the problem is & how to sort it out ? Thanks a mill !

• Advertisement

MYSTICA1 wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in on this thread, but hopefully OP got sorted ! I have the same alarm system & when I enter the code I get t then L on the display and it will not set. Would anybody be able to tell me what the problem is & how to sort it out ? Thanks a mill !
    The lid tamper on the control panel is open. Try open & close the lid. Listen for the spring clicking as you close the lid again.

Thanks for this .. I'm sorry to be so ignorant but what is the lid tamper & what is the control panel ? .. If Control panel is where you enter the code, there is no lid on it. If it is something else, could you tell me where I would normally find it ? I think there is a box in the hotpress .. would that be it ? Thanks again !

Actually I just rang home to get the white box banged shut & that seems to have worked .. Thanks a million for your help .. Much appreciated !

On this subject .. Is there somewhere I could get a list of the error / information codes for this alarm ? Thanks

Its hard to source manuals for those panels,

The obvious ones are
    A 1 A 2 A3 etc Alarm Zone Number
    T 1 T 2 T3 etc Alarm Zone Number
    Tl or L Tamper Lid
    PA or P Panic Button
    TB Tamper bell

MYSTICA1 wrote: »
    On this subject .. Is there somewhere I could get a list of the error / information codes for this alarm ? Thanks

If you send me on your e-mail address by pm i will send you on the user and installer manual for this panel.

Advertisement