Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in finishing WotLK quests?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Apart from grinding dailies for rep and professions, is there any point in questing at 80? I've a few IC quest chains to complete. All the gear seems to be at level 174, and the money isn't as good as you'd get while running dungeons. I know there's a Loremaster ach for sticking it through to the end, and doing them all, but apart form that, am i better off in an instance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Some are worth doing for the epic storyline (not the epic epics). But if you're not into that sort of thing then push for heroics / 10+mans. Dont go killing yourself though with Cata coming soon (tm).

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

I came to the same conclusion - I did a few of the IC quests, then dinged 80 and lost interest pretty quickly - easier to make money mining old world ores/leathers while waiting in LFG queue for random heroics. I'm also kinda losing interest in gearing - I'm just short of 5K GS, and upgrades are hard to find outside of ICC - and pugging ICC has turned out to be hard. I'd love to see the ICC content, but unless I get into a guild who'll let me raid with them, I don't see myself getting far with pugs.

Anyway - when Cata comes, gear will probably all be massively upgraded in a relatively short time.... so I'll just grab what i can when I get enough frost badges... and work on some other things (cooking, pvp, etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Cheers folks! I wondered where the "wall" would be regarding upgrades. I've bought most of the gear I'm using at the moment, and only ran my first heroic last night. Once the novelty of upgrading gear has worn off, (honestly, I'm like a child at the moment, watching Wowhead and GS, giggling to myself) and the heroics/rep grind becomes too much, I'll be stockpiling mats and gold for Cata...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I ran my first icc10's without setting foot into toc.

I bought the icc crafted 264 legs and boots for my mage, with the ulduar belt. Then I just ran my weeklies and dailies, mass heroics.

Badged all the gear I wanted, got lucky with a via10 drop with gloves, then got enough badges for my headpiece.

First ICC10 run I walked in with 4.9k GS, cleared 4, did insane dps, and got frost needle and the offhand from lady deathwhisper.

I think I'm about 5.4k gs now. You will hit a block with gearing, the unfortunate thing is everyone wanting 5.5GS minimum for icc10, which you cant get, outside of having icc10 gear.

Even more annoying is that when 4/4 runs first started, it was 5k gearscore required with some leeway.

Now 4/4 want 5.4kGs which annoys me, because the content has got easier and we now have a massive bugg, GS requirement should drop.

But alas the stupid mod is used by stupid people.

I'd say stick with it, keep gearing. Get all your triumph badge gear, then lurk in trade for onyxisa runs, sarth 3d etc and jump on them.

Get that mod that fakes achievements and run a 4/4 run.

Looking for a guild now is pointless, most guilds are on casual mode, disbanded or inactive due to well, the lul of content.

Gotta keep at it.

Gearing is my favourite part of the game, its what gets me through levelling, and now I've found a way to compeltely skip toc content, just going in to grab stuff that might be a massive upgrade.

Make sure you farm the crap out of the new heroics and Toc5 man aswell, quality gear in there.

Might be a good time to get your professions up, and look into ways to make gold while you have alot of downtime if you have only one 80.

Might also take some time to go some old achievements or somtehing.

Theres plenty to do, **** you could even pvp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TheDoc wrote: »
    Looking for a guild now is pointless, most guilds are on casual mode, disbanded or inactive due to well, the lul of content.

Might be easier to get a guild now, get friends with them and level up together in cata. Better chance of getting a regular raid spot (if you know how to play) rather then a fresh recruit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Might be easier to get a guild now, get friends with them and level up together in cata. Better chance of getting a regular raid spot (if you know how to play) rather then a fresh recruit.

Agreed,

Im an officer for a pretty succesfull 25 man guild and we've hit a wall at 10/12 heroic mode not because of difficulty but because of attendance issues.

Guilds are CRYING out for good applications, the only problem is we obviously need a certain amount of gear level from applicants which means you gotta be running pretty much 12/12 10s and at least 8/12 25 normal and have the gear to show for it.

Dustaz wrote: »
    Guilds are CRYING out for good applications, the only problem is we obviously need a certain amount of gear level from applicants which means you gotta be running pretty much 12/12 10s and at least 8/12 25 normal and have the gear to show for it.

That is the same for pretty much every guild on server lee that will ever make any progression.

Problem being for people like Davey, and me in the past, you hit a block where unfortunately, a ******* mod like gearscore, stops you from getting any further.....and therefore stops you getting into the guilds, since you dont have the gear or experience...

I find it interesting how they got rid of AVR because of its physical influence on the game, I'd put the motion forward in mroe strength for GS, in that its directly CONTROLLING how casual players raid and not in a positive way, stiffling gameplay and advancement.

Its funny, if MMO-champ posted Elitist group a month before posting about gearscore, we would be in a totally different situation, and there probably wouldnt be a complaint, funny isnt it : /

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ran a bunch of questlines in IC last night, got 600g for the effort. And an appearance or two by the LK himself.

You rake in a lot more money from those 5-group quests when you can solo them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

The guild membership bit isn't a problem, but getting raid time is. I'm still a (social) member of Ad Arma (Boardsie Boyz reprezent!), though my schedule doesn't suit organised raiding at the moment. Heroics it is, then...

Still plenty to do, and as OH mentioned, I can solo content for fun and profit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Overheal wrote: »
    Ran a bunch of questlines in IC last night, got 600g for the effort. And an appearance or two by the LK himself.

You rake in a lot more money from those 5-group quests when you can solo them.

Ha - I did the same last night as well - did all the shadow well/bone witch quests - I'm currently stuck on soloing Thane Deathblow - but I'll get him this evening - just need a few stamina buffs to get me past his last few % of health. He's the hardest one in the chain anyways.

But yes - I was suprised how much gold I racked up in 2 hours of questing (~500g) Might finish out the ICC quests after all, Better than farming Fel Iron Ore....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah the Bone Witch I put off for months but im glad I finished it out. Did one with that dying paladin to which (as a draeni paladin of all things) was a nice one to see the end of
    with the 3 naaru

still plenty more to do, too. Im up past 1500g now, been ages since i had more than a couple hundred.

Overheal wrote: »
    Yeah the Bone Witch I put off for months but im glad I finished it out. Did one with that dying paladin to which (as a draeni paladin of all things) was a nice one to see the end of
    with the 3 naaru

still plenty more to do, too. Im up past 1500g now, been ages since i had more than a couple hundred.

That quest chain is a dedication to one of the developers brothers who died to cancer during developement, a touching video bout it on their website and it was a good quest :)

Advertisement