Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condoms

Options
  • 25-05-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Er, I'll try to keep this fairly non-graphic.

I'm new to this type of thing, hence the post. I'm not sure if this is a condom issue, a penis one, or a little of both. I'm not overly large in terms of length, nor short...I never got the whole measuring/who is biggest thing, but anyway. Girth might be more of an issue. So, I was, er practicising with a condom lately and it was a bit tricky to get on initially. The rolling down part was a little tight and I'm wondering if this is normal or not. Instinct says yes and no...once it's not so tight that it will break or such. The pack I bought are Durex fetherlite ultra and I thought maybe it was something to do with them. Another time, a few years back, I had one or two Durex extra safe and I don't recall them being as tight to put on, but my memory could be hazy. Sorry, I've probably answered my own question here. I guess you don't want it so tight that it's risky or too loose at the other extreme. Maybe I need to do more 'research'. It's the the rolling down bit after you place it over the tip...I'm trying to think of a suitable metaphor or description...well, you know when you wrap a rubber band around your wrist a few times and it tightens - should it be like that from the get go?

I know that there are sites online, but I thought I'd ask here. I read somewhere that certain large ones are only 3mm larger than standard ones. I don't know if this is true, though.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It shouldn't be that tight and uncomfortable, try the Pasante Condoms range.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Make sure it wasn't on backwards either. There should be a little snugness, but you shouldn't really notice it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Er, I'll try to keep this fairly non-graphic.

I'm new to this type of thing, hence the post. I'm not sure if this is a condom issue, a penis one, or a little of both. I'm not overly large in terms of length, nor short...I never got the whole measuring/who is biggest thing, but anyway. Girth might be more of an issue. So, I was, er practicising with a condom lately and it was a bit tricky to get on initially. The rolling down part was a little tight and I'm wondering if this is normal or not. Instinct says yes and no...once it's not so tight that it will break or such. The pack I bought are Durex fetherlite ultra and I thought maybe it was something to do with them. Another time, a few years back, I had one or two Durex extra safe and I don't recall them being as tight to put on, but my memory could be hazy. Sorry, I've probably answered my own question here. I guess you don't want it so tight that it's risky or too loose at the other extreme. Maybe I need to do more 'research'. It's the the rolling down bit after you place it over the tip...I'm trying to think of a suitable metaphor or description...well, you know when you wrap a rubber band around your wrist a few times and it tightens - should it be like that from the get go?

I know that there are sites online, but I thought I'd ask here. I read somewhere that certain large ones are only 3mm larger than standard ones. I don't know if this is true, though.

Thanks

From what i remember from the last time i used featherlights, they're that bit tighter so you feel more, as opposed to the extra safe condoms which are thicker for safety/delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

had the same problem with fetherlite, felt like my whole little man was being pinched all over. not nice.

thought it was cause i was too big but actually turned out i have penoscrotal web.

i just use larger sized condoms and im grand

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's a whole range of different size condoms available here. You can also check the sizes of each condom in other manufacturers' ranges by clicking into each.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Hey OP,
    Lucky girlfiend :) ah no jokes aside it's a common complaint believe it or not and my own man has the same problem. If it is girth thats causing the issue try the Durex Extra Safe before other brands as it's commonly available and it's the widest of the Durex range. Had to do my own research. Steer clear of the Boots range... too tight.

If durex don't work, try the other brands or online for the likes of Passante or Trojan.
    Def shouldn't be too tight. You know when i was doing research so many people said "oh the guy must be imagining he's too wide, I can stretch it over my wrist and halfway down my arm" but it is a normal enough issue. Hope you get it sorted

Lins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

lynsalot wrote: »
    ... try the Durex Extra Safe before other brands ...

For the sake of enjoying yourself don't use these. You would feel more using an industrial chemical rubber glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

same issue here
    always found Durex way too tight.
    always found the featherlite to be the best/biggest but still to tight.
    Extra safe ones are good for their purpose but can barely feel a thing.

Must try these other brands mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

A lot of Large condoms are just longer and not thicker, such as Durex XXL
    Trojan Magnum are thicker as are Pasante King Size.
    The thickest you can buy are Trojan Magnum XL, but I'd try the first two first. Don't really sell them in Chemists so you'll probably have to buy online. But it's a small price to pay for having a big cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey, thanks for the considered replies. :) No girlfriend, I'm just trying to figure out the practicalities...I think I'll save this thread for a bit, to remember what's been said. I presume some of the non-Durex brands are not really available here and the main thing to check for is that they're quality tested and such.

• Advertisement
Advertisement