Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bikes on Tour

Options
  • 25-05-2010 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    Just wanted to share an idea I had a few weeks ago (inspired by the gnome in Amilé of course!) that I though people might find interesting.

I started a small blog called Dublin Bikes on Tour. The idea is to check out a Dublin Bike and go on a cycle. Then take a picture of the bike wherever you end up. I've already taken one to Dun Laoghaire and am planning on heading out to Howth some time next week.

Its a good way to spend a morning and get some exercise. Also totally worth the strange looks you get from people!

Let me know what you think and if you feel like having a cycle yourself, email me some photos and I'll throw them on the site.
    Ben.

-just a temporary site for the moment to see how it goes :)

http://benlawlor.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:eek::eek: Dublin bike doesn't leave Dublin! Shocking!! :eek::eek:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Someone got to Newry and back in the early days, well they biked there and hired a van to haul the bikes back.

Dun Laoghaire is easy in comparison...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Fair play. They are not the lightest of bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,885 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

maybe you could (as has been suggested on the Cycling board) attempt the Wicklow200 on one? (or even the shorter 100K route).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Benjamin Lawlor

I just transferred the whole site to a wordpress.com account.
    It looks a lot better and has been updated with a fair bit of content.
    Got it to Dún Laoghaire and Howth. I hope to take one to Bray this week.

http://dublinbikesontour.wordpress.com/

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The wicklow 200 is on Sunday. If you did that on a DB I'd be very impressed.

Advertisement