Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beer line counter

Options
  • 25-05-2010 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

ok so ive been running a bar for the last 2 mths, every month for the past year there has been 300-400 pints of draught going missing, all waste recorded, i believe that the stock taker measures each barrell as 88pts, i dont think it is right....so anyway what im looking for is a counter which i can put in the beer line to count the pints?? is there a device out there for this purpose or will i have to go old school and count how many pints come out of the tap?
    any help greatly appreciated!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Christ, that's a hell of a lot.

Check your sums again, are you maybe counting smaller kegs(if you have any) as 88 pints as well?

Your target should be to sell at least 80+ pints per keg anyway (allowing for run off, wastage, spills etc). I'll assume your till records how much of each beer is sold?

You can definitely get a device that'll count how many actually go through though.

There's this website but it seems to be only in America. http://www.alcoholcontrols.com/drafbeercoun.html

The "Pour Your Own Pint" taps have a counter on them and they're made in Ireland so at a guess the company that supplies them might do something you're looking for.

In saying all that, it's probably a good idea to maybe just sit down for a night and count (and keep an eye on your staff!).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

How many taps, is 400 pints a large or small % of your sales? You can buy flow meters lots of companies use them, they should be simple to install on beer lines. I thought all kegs are 88 pints, but I'm sure you can't get every last drop out of then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Well, if you sell 20 kegs a week, you are selling on average 83 pints per keg if you think you're losing 400 pints. That isn't exactly abnormal though due to wastage etc. Surely your till records show many pints of each beer you sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 zippy1500

ok forgot to mention alcohol turnover was 94k so not a huge percentage but the stock taker does all the sums, i jus think he is over estimating what should be got out! i spotted some systems after my op so on the right track , cheers for the help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah, i've seen some horrific bar staff in my time in the trade. Just put the glass down and let it pour away. Not only a terrible way to fill a pint but also increases wastage alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Who takes in the deliveries? Not unheard of that dockets can say 40 kegs and you only get 30 etc.

Perhaps go around with your stock taker on one of the days and get an exact figure on what is what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 zippy1500

will be this time, he in 10 sat morning, approx 5 hrs after i finish!! all staff are competent, its def not being recorded properly i think, ive been working there for 4 yrs previous and even i couldnt manage to loose 10 pints a day every day for the month lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement