Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swifts building in our shed

Options
  • 25-05-2010 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

A pair of Swifts seem to be building in the shed behind our house. They are going to a place about ten or twelve foot up. Does anyone else have them nesting yet?

Souterrain
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is interesting. Swifts usually nest in walls or under eaves. The shed sounds more like a spot you'd get Swallows.
    No Swifts here at all yet, never mind nesting. Not particularly late for us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭stevensi

I'd have to agree about it being strange that swifts are nesting in a shed. It sounds more like a place where Swallows would nest.

Plenty of Swifts now in Dublin City Centre it's great to hear them flying overhead in the mornings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Souterrain

I think they usually nest higher than this, and the lack of replies must mean that it is a rare thing to happen.

I will try to get a picture of them but they fly in very fast and it is very hard to focus and zoom and keep them in the frame as they fly in over the cypress hedge at the back which is the best way to see them.

I will keep trying.

Thanks for the replies, and best wishes to all,

Souterrain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Are you still confident that they are Swifts?

The lack of replies does not suggest this is rare. Maybe all there is to say, for now, has been said.:)

Advertisement