Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to put him

Options
  • 24-05-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Been playing this 23 year old gent in second centre. Hes a recent purchase but I don't particularly think thats the best position for him. Bear in mind that my team wouldn't be as strong as most of yours and I'm lacking in 2nd centres.

Player ID: 4105672
    Plays for: Templeogue Seniors
    Nationality: England
    Salary: $77,110 ($4,819 per week)
    Weight: 83kg
    Height: 194cm

Right handed, right footed, in satisfactory form, and energised energy levels.
    A collected player with collected discipline, decent leadership, and despicable experience.
    Stamina: Impressive
    Handling: Reputable
    Attack: Moderate
    Defense: Decent
    Technique: Average
    Strength: Satisfactory
    Jumping: Despicable
    Speed: Moderate
    Agility: Reputable
    Kicking: Average

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fullback. With attack of 5, I'd be trying to keep the ball away from him as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭corny

With his attack and speed i'd keep him away from outside centre anyway. I'd move him on if i were you but fullback because he's a decent defender seems best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'd say he's a bit lightweight for a centre...

I also wouldn't put him as a fullback, his jumping is terrible and his kicking is below what I'd deem acceptable. By putting him at fullback you're going to damage your team a lot more.

I'd suggest getting rid of him during the post-playoff buying frenzy. I wouldn't let him near FB, he's too light and weak for a crash-ball centre and he's too slow for a nippy lil centre. If he wasn't 23 I'd say keep him and train him up, but you'd be better off getting a younger lad who will train faster, or an old guy who'll do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Didn't want to start a new thread for the same topic but where would you guys play this guy?

Brenton Blackburn
    20 years old | 16,407 CSR (+283) 20,088 CSRNew

Plays for: Beltra RFC
    Nationality: New Zealand
    Salary: $62,382 ($3,899 per week)
    Weight: 93kg
    Height: 193cm

Right handed, right footed, in satisfactory form, and weary energy levels.
    A collected player with reckless discipline, decent leadership, and despicable experience.

Stamina: Reputable Handling: Satisfactory
    Attack: Reputable Defense: Satisfactory
    Technique: Reputable Strength: Reputable
    Jumping: Horrible Speed: Satisfactory
    Agility: Limited Kicking: Despicable

I have been playing him for a while now at 8 and training him for there too, but I think it may be time to look for a more agile (& similar other stats) player.

Should I keep going, or drop him this week? I only paid $1 for him so anything I get is profit, or should I move him out of 8 and somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 farmer12

satory wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread for the same topic but where would you guys play this guy?

Brenton Blackburn

A collected player with reckless discipline, decent leadership, and despicable experience.

I have been playing him for a while now at 8 and training him for there too, but I think it may be time to look for a more agile (& similar other stats) player.

Should I keep going, or drop him this week? I only paid $1 for him so anything I get is profit, or should I move him out of 8 and somewhere else?

Try selling him? he will turn 21 and too old to be giving individual training, if handling and agility were better I would say no.9

• Advertisement

Bit light for number 8. I dunno where you' put him, you should probably sell him on maybe. Hard to judge these things without seeing them laid out in the usual graphical format, I always find BR's choice of words to be somewhat confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Sell him, doesnt quite fit perfectly to any position, silly season is in full swing!:D have a guy on the market, bid was at 2k this morn and some punter went straight to 72K!?!?:D

and then from the money you get in a week or two when markets are calming down again buy a player to fit better into outside centre to boost your team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Okay my question for you Boardsies.

Where to put this guy:

Weight: 88kg
    Height: 184cm

Stamina:7
    Handling: 8
    Attack: 9
    Defense: 10
    Technique:2
    Strength: 4
    Jumping: 8
    Speed: 9
    Agility: 6
    Kicking: 8

Been playing him at 15. But he seems to only average about 2.5 stars, I would have thought he should do better. Am i deluded? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

crisco10 wrote: »

Where to put this guy:

Been playing him at 15. But he seems to only average about 2.5 stars, I would have thought he should do better. Am i deluded? :(
    Fullback looks the place for him allright. I'd guess his handling is the biggest thing holding his ratings back - tough to hang onto those high balls under pressure.

crisco10 wrote: »

Where to put this guy:

Definitely fullback. He has the jumping, the defense and the kicking to do a great job there, plus handling of 8 isn't too bad really (infact on my team it'd be considered great! :o)

Maybe boost his agility and technique a bit. Tech may not seem important for backs, but I've found a lil nudge up in technique can make all the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

satory wrote: »

Brenton Blackburn

Good call lads sold him just now for $85,692, which is only a mere $85,691 profit on the lad. Bidding in the last hour jumped from 20k up to that :)

Advertisement