Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good and well priced dentist??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Clem Sullivan on Church Street
    Connellans on Church Street
    Mary Gannon on Earl Street

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

None of them. They all charge a bomb. I go up north to Enniskillen for my treatment after my last bill with Clem.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

I go to madden opposite the cathedral.
    40euro for a checkup & clean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

i use Connellans on Church Street myself and find him excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

I used toothpaste as a child and all through my life and dont like sugar. Very cheap. Would recomment to anyone :D

• Advertisement

I've always had excellent service at Clem Sullivan. He has a calming manner too.

Featherl wrote: »
    Mary Gannon on Earl Street

Have you actually used her?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Thanks for all the replies.
    Is it worth a trip to the North for a check up & clean?? I know that Mary charged €60 for that, not sure if that's still the case, €40 sounds better though!
    I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth & may need to have two removed & don't have the sheckles to spend a fortune but not sure how much longer I can tolerate the annoyance/pain.

Thanks for all the replies.
    Is it worth a trip to the North for a check up & clean?? I know that Mary charged €60 for that, not sure if that's still the case, €40 sounds better though!
    I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth & may need to have two removed & don't have the sheckles to spend a fortune but not sure how much longer I can tolerate the annoyance/pain.

I went to a surgery in Cootehill when I had mine out. I was referred by Clem Sullivan.
    They were a third the price of the other oral surgeons at the time.
    Still something like 500 euro, but I had four out.
    You'll probably have to travel anyway to get an oral surgeon.
    Have a ring around Enniskillen, they might well be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

For major dental surgery, like wisdom teeth removal yes deffo go North, I too have heard that it's a fraction of the cost up there.

For anything small like an annual cleaning (€70 in Connellons) I don't know if that's any cheap North of the border but you'd spend a good deal on fuel to get there (and back)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Have you actually used her?

Ye, shes my regular dentist. Why? :confused:

Do you need to be referred to a dental surgeon by a dentist or can you make an appointment directly with them? I'll definitely need surgery to remove my bottom wisdom teeth.

Also, has anyone used the new(?) Excel Dental Practice in Ballymahon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Do you need to be referred to a dental surgeon by a dentist or can you make an appointment directly with them? I'll definitely need surgery to remove my bottom wisdom teeth.

Usually a referral is needed because wisdom teeth extraction requires xrays that your dentist can do.I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out by a surgeon in Belfast,got referred by Charles Madden.Cost me approx €250 total however that was 7 or 8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Theirs a polish dentist that works in Charles Maddens upstairs who will pull out your wisdom teeth on the spot. Pulled all of mine out with no pain at all.

Trip to the dentist it is then!
    somuj, these babies aren't coming out on the spot, I'm in pain for a week now with the only one that has broken through the gum so I'll definitely be needing surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Trip to the dentist it is then!
    somuj, these babies aren't coming out on the spot, I'm in pain for a week now with the only one that has broken through the gum so I'll definitely be needing surgery.

you may not need extractions at all. sounds like you've got pericoronitis, where the gum over the tooth is inflammed/infected. it's only after repeated doses of that that you'd need them taken out. once every year isn't what i'd consider repeated doses either.

Advertisement