Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel like a failure

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really know why I'm posting here but here goes.

I feel like a failure and like I can't do anything right. In the last few years I have been stuck in a dead end crappy job that was supposed to be a temporary measure until I found something better.
    I have applied for loads of positions and no one will even give me an interview.
    I failed the exams I was doing again after telling everyone I think I did fine.
    I live at home with my parents and I have no close friends. I never go out. I always feel no one really likes me and I can't make friends.
    I have put on loads of weight. I used to be quite attractive but now I'm not at all, I am overweight and have bad skin.

I hate the word, but I look at myself and I see a loser. I'm going nowhere and I have nothing in my life. I just go to work, come home tired, eat and sleep and start all over again. I have a 4 hour round trip to work so I get very tired and don't go anywhere. I am miserable. I wnat to change my life but everytime I try to do something positive I fail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

hey,
    look you only fail if you don't try, you are trying so you are not failing.
    You have a job and even if you don't like it at least its some earning power..better than being on the dole do you agree?
    it might be good to try and break the habit of work-eat-sleep etc.
    try to identify some things that would lift your self esteem..reading, walking-jogging, cooking your own healthy meals, focus on losing a few pounds and you will see how you can succeed on improving the way you see yourself.
    Take a class in something and meet some people.
    Spend some time with a family member, like go visit somewhere different for a day.
    if you focus on pulling yourself out of your current routine you will benefit from it.
    dont worry about exams, some people just take a few attempts to pass.
    just be more proactive!!
    good luck

Advertisement