Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lol.

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Conversation I had in the accommodation office earlier:

Me - "Hey, I'm moving out today, everythings empty and here's the key."

Person - "Oh great, thank you very much."

Me - "Is that it? Don't you even wanna know what my room number was?"

Person - "Oh yeah, thats a good idea? I'll write it down."

Seriously, lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

roflcopter.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 EverythingBlue

I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I don't get it.

On the off chance you're serious...

If they don't record the room numbers of people who've signed off and moved out, how will they know that those who're supposed to have moved out actually have done so? Or if people haven't, which ones they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

lolcanoe!!! that's really ridonculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

If they don't record the room numbers of people who've signed off and moved out, how will they know that those who're supposed to have moved out actually have done so? Or if people haven't, which ones they are?

Quite simply, the key card won't work after the date by which your lease runs out.

They'll know when you can't open your doors anymore and go running off to the accommodation office ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Ha yeah I'm serious! I have no idea if they normally record that or whatever, but this time they didn't anyways... well until I told them to! :D

What thirdfox said is true, the cards do run out, but it doesn't stop people
    just using their roommates cards for the front door and then leaving their room door open, ya know?

And also, I lived in the rubrics so it was a metal key for me, it didn't stop working when 12pm came! That and the fact that they would have had no idea which door it was for, they didn't even ask me my name/student no.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I didn't even crack a smile.. and I usually love a laugh as much as the next fat person.

Very misleading title OP, shame on you..

DKZ wrote: »
    Very misleading title OP, shame on you..

Sorry dude... maybe you had to be there. Me and my mates couldn't stop laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

just-joe wrote: »
    Ha yeah I'm serious! I have no idea if they normally record that or whatever, but this time they didn't anyways... well until I told them to! :D

What thirdfox said is true, the cards do run out, but it doesn't stop people
    just using their roommates cards for the front door and then leaving their room door open, ya know?

And also, I lived in the rubrics so it was a metal key for me, it didn't stop working when 12pm came! That and the fact that they would have had no idea which door it was for, they didn't even ask me my name/student no.!

Looking at the accommodation website one can leave their key/card key at the Front Gate security desk instead of the Accommodation Office, and I know for certain they don't give it a second thought when you hand in your key to them (speaking from personal experience).

Now I just want to know when I get my deposit back ;)

Thirdfox wrote: »

Thats a good point actually, I have no idea when this happens?! Hopefully soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thats a good point actually, I have no idea when this happens?! Hopefully soon.
    How was it paid?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Wow. Easily the funniest thing I have read this year. Well done OP. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

DKZ wrote: »
    I didn't even crack a smile.. and I usually love a laugh as much as the next fat person.

Ah, Matilda. Wonderful film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Looking at the accommodation website one can leave their key/card key at the Front Gate security desk instead of the Accommodation Office, and I know for certain they don't give it a second thought when you hand in your key to them (speaking from personal experience).

It was late July before I got mine back last year (and the twonks deducted a late fee for the second installment of rent); the accommodation office aren't exactly the quickest folk in any sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Steve Higginson

That and the fact that they would have had no idea which door it was for, they didn't even ask me my name/student no.!

The key you handed them has a code on it which indicates which door(s) it will open. They then know which apartment the key is for and thus who gave back their key. Moron.

Ha, thanks for enlightening me there Steve... I didn't ever notice a code on the key, but I guess I never looked closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Infraction given for personal insult. Please note that this will not be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

word

Advertisement