Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westway in Blanchardstown

Options
  • 24-05-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm not familiar with Blanch at all I'm afraid. What's the Westway area like? Is it a reasonable area to live or would it be rough, an area to avoid? We've been looking for a place to buy and I think we need to extend out the area we're looking in. Houses/apartments in Blanch seem like reasonable value.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Dublin County North

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Whoops, silly me, don't know my north from my west obviously. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That part of Corduff is fine. Close to bus stops, the national aquatic centre is right across the road, literally. Shops a two minute walk away. Centre just as close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

OP you should try visiting at different times of the day/night...if I remember correctly from the A&P board, you are quite sensitive to noise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I would defo go there at night time to get a feel of the area. I certaintly wouldnt live there. I have 3 friends that live in Corduff and they like most people from Corduff are fine, unfortunteley it only takes a few to take the place down. All of my friends are orginally from Corduff and have never had much trouble, but things do sometimes kick off in Corduff compared to other areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Westway is fine. It wouldn't be considered rough or an area to avoid.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 21 irenastia

well we've been living here in Blanchardstown for the last 5 years, and I wouldn't wanna move anywhere else! Personally I like living near the shopping centre and all the amenities, bus connection to town is good, plus I swim in Natinal aquatic centre so the location is perfect for me! As anywhere else, things happen around here sometimes and occasionally you come across a rough crowd but that can happen anywhere I guess... Still I'm not sure I would like to move further down to Corduff, some areas can be quite rough.

When we were looking to buy, we also had to expand the search areas looking for a good value but nice place. We found just what we were looking for in Blanch and Im still happy with that decision.

You have to come by and look around the area first though, get a feel of it. You might not like it at all. Different people have different preferences and likes/dislikes.

Good luck with you search!

Advertisement