Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I buy Radiant Silvergun?

Options
  • 24-05-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

After getting a bit disinterested in the retro scene for a while, thought I'd get out my Saturn collection and take a few shooters for a spin...
    I have a decent collection (all originals) of shooters, however the one that has eluded me for several years is Radiant Silvergun, I've checked out the current Ebay prices for it and it generally fetches around 120 euro, pricey!

It would round off my collection nicely and I'm sure I would pump many hours into it, but I dunno it's a lot of money right?
    I'm trying to convince myself I need this!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Radiant Silvergun really is as good as you've heard. However I'm not sure any game is worth the price it goes for. You can get somehting like Soukyugurentai for around 20-30 euros. If you are patient I'm sure you can get it for around 80 euros when you eventually get lucky. The other option is to get your saturn chipped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yes, and buy me a copy while you're at it :)

I thought it was expensive. Then I bought that Sonic Crackers prototype and it put it into perspective :pac:.

It's not really that much to be honest. Okay it's a lot of money to the average person who would laugh at us folk spending more than €50 on a game..but you know, we're just freaks.

Now if you were asking whether to buy Metal Slug AES I might have to slap you and tell you to cop on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    . You can get somehting like Soukyugurentai for around 20-30 euros. If you are patient I'm sure you can get it for around 80 euros when you eventually get lucky. The other option is to get your saturn chipped :)

I have Soukyugurentai, brilliant.
    Couldn't chip the old girl, it would be like getting my wife a boob job, wait...

Master of the Universe

Just reminded me of trying to play Souky two player with Retr0. The zoom out made that bloody impossible! Especially from the couch. Couldn't see a thing!

:( I think you'd nearly have to be sitting on top of the tv to play it like that.

Great game though. Was my favourite Saturn shooter until I played Radiant Silvergun. And I didn't even play Radiant Silvergun for that long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Have to say, the best thing you can do is get the Saturn chipped, the 60hz mod is good too.
    Then you'll be able to enjoy everything the machine ever had to offer without taking out a mortgage to pay for the honour of doing so.
    Radiant Silvergun is very good alright, but not 120 euro good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just reminded me of trying to play Souky two player with Retr0. The zoom out made that bloody impossible! Especially from the couch. Couldn't see a thing!

I didn't find it that bad but then again I was drunk! These games just get horribly confusing in 2 player mode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Have to say, the best thing you can do is get the Saturn chipped, the 60hz mod is good too.
    Then you'll be able to enjoy everything the machine ever had to offer without taking out a mortgage to pay for the honour of doing so.

Ciderman? :eek:

Post reported for identity theft :p

Master of the Universe

Radiant Silvergun is very good alright, but not 120 euro good!

Says the guy who spent on €300 on Tempest 3000? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah, Tempest 3000, now that is 300 euro good! Plus I'd say a blind butcher with a tremor could count the number of people in Ireland that own that game, namely one, namely me!
    Some day I'll lug the setup over to some retro games night and you an all bask in the glow of it's trippy-ness!

Master of the Universe

Some day I'll lug the setup over to some retro games night and you an all bask in the glow of it's trippy-ness!

Excellent!

Just don't blame us if it goes home smelling of cod.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just don't blame us if it goes home smelling of cod.

I promise I'll wear deodorant next time!

Advertisement