Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investigation group size???

Options
  • 24-05-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been on many paranormal investigations and have, in a way, developed my own preferences for settings on the night. The main one is that I prefer the group I'm with to be small, if possible I'd like to go alone. For me it creates a better atmosphere and even if nothing occurs that atmosphere alone is worth it. I always found that large groups takes away from the investigation buzz for me, though I know people say that the more people the more energy etc...

Question...do you prefer to investigaet in large groups/small groups/alone or don't mind??

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have to say smaller. Less noise,distractions and general fucing around but it depends on what type of investigation you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

three's a good number if you ask me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

In my opinion 4 would be a perfect number.. KPS currently has 6 team members.. but even that is a definite max. Anything more then 6 is too many I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

2 teams of 2 so anything noted can be verified by another person (even if just subjective) and a 5th person away from "action" contactable by walkie to note activity as and when it happens.

I would say 6 , so you can have 2, 2 and 2 , or you can even do a 2 and a 4 . Or if you want to get crazy a 3 and a 3 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

or - if you had two very very small people in the group you could have 2 and a half x 2 and a half ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It really depends on the size of the location also.

Thats true , smaller groups are easier to control and to help with light and noise pollution. Although you could have a big group of good people that work really well together. And then get a small group who can cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'd have made judgement based on the size of the place and the type of investigation. If it was a public investigation, I'd be looking to see how big the place is based upon the size of it. Absolute minimum would be 3 (based upon what I have reads) but even then you'd be wanting more than that. I think That I'd be considering an average figure of between 4/5-8, unless the location is smaller. A residential could get away with 2-3 people max although my reasoning behind the 3/4/5-8 figure would be:

1 or 2 HQ - One person to manage the place and then a floater/relief person or goes out to check the equipment if you have the extra person. This would be more for larger locations though where you have equipment that needs to be monitored.

3 people minimum per team. - Reasoning behind this is that depending on where the location is, if one of the team gets injured, then the 3rd person can go to get help. Additionally, it would help to have a 3rd witness if anything weird actually does go on. 8 would mean that there's a second team of 3 out there. You could get decent results with a team of 3 (without the HQ) and in fact I'd not recommend going lower than 3 to be honest for the reasons I listed above. I started out with the PRAI as a team of 3 (none of which I think are in the core group any more) and that was a reasonable minimum, if a little small for the location (Charleville Castle)!

For a location that size, I'd be inclined to have no more than 13-14, at least under the above system. Before I'd have said 15 max, but it starts getting a bit crowded. Even at 4 teams of 3, or 3 of 4 it may get a bit crowded, but it's generally best to use one's judgement. Either way, I think multiples of 3 is a good way of organising teams as it means you can work out how it would feel with 3, 6, 9, etc plus 1 or 2 people. Smaller teams (as in below 6) would be less likely to need a HQ so you could have a single team exploring the area.

As a whole, you really wouldn't want to have less than 3 people on an average location. You could get away with just 1 or 2 if the location is populated but even then, 2 is generally recommended as it's not always safe to go it alone, at least in my opinion. Overall though, as others have said though... you could have a pretty big team and it could work great, just as easily as you could have a small team and things could go badly.

Advertisement