Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod downloads/podcasts/cds for learning Irish

Options
  • 24-05-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going off on a 5-6 week walk of the Camino shortly and basically I have to travel very, very light. I'm wondering would anybody have recommendations for ipod downloads/podcasts/learning Irish stuff to put a bit of feabhas on my Irish.

I was initially thinking of downloading books rather than carrying them with me but now I've decided to dramatically improve my Irish in this period instead. I just don't know where to start in terms of resources for my ipod.

All suggestions and recommendations will be very gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭whatthefeck

V good stuff here in the Northern Dialect. Even is its not your dialect its worth downloading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/irish/blas/learners/beag1/lesson1.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Thanks for both of those. Would anybody know where I could get more Intermediate level Irish, in particular something on the grammatical rules? For example, how to identify masculine and feminine endings, the consequences for spelling on each of the cases, the consequences of two nouns being placed together, etc.

I remember years ago Gabriel Rosenstock used to give great talks in Irish from 7pm until 7.30pm on RnaG just before it shut down each night. What shows on RnaG or even RnaLífe now would be very rich in vocabulary and language?

I need as much conversation and grammar Irish as possible as I'll be doing little else while I'm walking.

I'm willing to pay for it and I'm most familiar with Munster Irish.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tenente

I know that this is not what you are specifically looking for. But you may have some interest in checking out this book some day:

http://coislife.ie/books/prosebooks/santiago2.htm

which is written in Irish about the Camino De Santiago. I spotted it at my local library and seems to combine two of your interests.

Go n-éiri an "camino" leat.

Tenente.

P.S. Myself and another learner Gaeilgeoir are heading out on the Camino in September so Beidh deis agaibh ár cuplá focail a cleactadh ar an slí - b'fhéidir na frásaí "Tá an bothar ro-fadá!" "Cá bhfuil ár loistin?" "Stad ag snoráil anois!" "Ceapím go bhfuil muid caillte".

Buen Camino.

Advertisement