Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, May 25th@20:15 in Wes#1- Boardeaux V Fabulous Benedictine Monks

Options
  • 24-05-2010 3:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Important game and will be tough given the monks impressive form of late.

3 points is a must.

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal
    Dan - In
    Ed - Work
    Keith - In
    Glenn - In
    Graham - In
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie - Hols
    Conor - In
    Eoin - Work
    Gav - In
    Kenny - In

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - Work
    Dave - In
    Jules - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm In.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

away with work this week in glasgow, still injured anyway...

best of luck, weve a great record against these, however, do not underestimate them, they have been playing very well this season.

3 points please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm back for this one, whats the story behind their team name?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There's a friary up near one of the other pitches, there all monks/priests in training a couple of bangers in there too, so men of the cloth.

Their name alone reminds me of the Annual Over 75's match in Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Voltwad wrote: »
    Their name alone reminds me of the Annual Over 75's match in Father Ted.

Haha Father Romeo Sensini, we'll have to keep an eye on him tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In For This

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Glenn do you need a lift from Tallaght?

• Advertisement

Glenn do you need a lift from Tallaght?
    I'll make my own way over but a lift back to Citywest after would be appreciated dude.

No worries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

1-2 loss

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Des wrote: »
    1-2 loss
    :( disappointing. ....how did the game pan out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I missed the first 15 minutes, but a goal just before half time from a corner (that never was :) ) 1-0 boards at HT with just a couple of scares in behind. Early second half, a stroke of luck from a long ball well finished 1-1 and a long throw and flick-on to make it 1-2.

Late chance to make it 2-2 with a goal line clearance after a mistake from their injured player in goal..

Hows Graham? He didnt look in too good a shape when I was leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Basically we conceded two sloppy goals from direct set pieces - long kickout and long throw, both should have been snuffed out right where the ball was first landing, but these things happen sometimes.

We were the better side overall I'd say but you have to give them credit for not giving us much space in the final third. We did make a few very decent shooting opportunities but they were largely from outside the box, though if our shooting was up to usual standards, one or two of those would've gone in.

Think we hit the woodwork twice and their keeper made a great tip over from Kenny at the death. When he spilled it a minute later we had two great chances to bury it but it didn't come off.

So maybe we lacked a bit of the edge we've had in recent weeks, but it's hard to put a finger on we didn't win this one - we didn't play all that poorly overall so let's just keep that in mind: sometimes it clicks, sometimes it doesn't. Nothing from this game suggests it was anything more than a blip so let's get back into it with 3 points next week.

Yeah, at the end i thought the cross was going in and then the keeper dropping it i was sure we'd have gotten the draw but some good play throughout the game. Need to just concentrate on next weeks big clash.

Advertisement