Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

511-cpu fan not detected 512-chassis fan not detected

Options
  • 24-05-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi anyone out there ever had these errors when booting up,both fans are spinning and if i press f1 its boots just fine but surely its gona over heat at some stage if their not been detected.

anyone know a way round this or shall i just replace them.tks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

maccer666 wrote: »
    Hi anyone out there ever had these errors when booting up,both fans are spinning and if i press f1 its boots just fine but surely its gona over heat at some stage if their not been detected.

anyone know a way round this or shall i just replace them.tks

Not necessarily a problem, fans running at low speeds aren't always detected if they fall below a certain threshold. Try some temp monitoring software to directly check CPU etc temps to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maccer666

Spear wrote: »
    Not necessarily a problem, fans running at low speeds aren't always detected if they fall below a certain threshold. Try some temp monitoring software to directly check CPU etc temps to see.

Thanks for that,ran a couple of programs,cpu temp seems fine at the minute but im not actually using it,one of the programs (speedfan) is telling me that my fans arent spinning either but i can clearly see they are,anything else i can try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

maccer666 wrote: »
    Thanks for that,ran a couple of programs,cpu temp seems fine at the minute but im not actually using it,one of the programs (speedfan) is telling me that my fans arent spinning either but i can clearly see they are,anything else i can try.

What power connector is on the fans?

Do you have the fans directly hooked into the motherboard or are they molex powered (white plugs off psu??)

uberpixie wrote: »
    What power connector is on the fans?

Do you have the fans directly hooked into the motherboard or are they molex powered (white plugs off psu??)

Hi there hooked straight into the motherboard with a 3 pin connecter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Does the fan have a 3-pin connector?

If "no", you have the 4-pin CPU fan plugged into the wrong header (3-pin case fan header)
    If "yes", you're actually using a case fan for a CPU fan instead of a regular 4-pin CPU fan.

Regardless, you've got it plugged into the wrong fan header, which is why everything is warning you that you've got no CPU fan connected. The CPU fan has a 4-pin header on the mobo.

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Does the fan have a 3-pin connector?

If "no", you have the 4-pin CPU fan plugged into the wrong header (3-pin case fan header)
    If "yes", you're actually using a case fan for a CPU fan instead of a regular 4-pin CPU fan.

Regardless, you've got it plugged into the wrong fan header, which is why everything is warning you that you've got no CPU fan connected. The CPU fan has a 4-pin header on the mobo.

Tks for that but theres no other place for the connecters to go,they where working fine until i unplugged them to clean them and they definitly went back to where they where plugged in to.

Advertisement