Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortage of priest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I don't know, the priest at my grand mothers funeral was brought out of retirement for the funeral and spend the whole time looking like he was about to fall over. I think retirement, be it a priest or what ever, is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Rulez is rulez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Rulez is rulez.

But the rulez don't apply to the ruler. (Belated birthday greetings to Pope Benedict XVI who celebrated his 83rd birthday in April).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Its a very demanding job being a priest i would think, they say mass every morning and alot of evenings too. Then there is confessions and all the other church gatherings. Birth marriages and deaths also have to be attended and you have to be pious all the time. Then visiting the sick, the needy and schools. Priests are on call 24 7 sure after a few years you'd driven demented. They probably need to retire early to pray and meditate to get ready for judgement day. Christ what a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ocokev wrote: »
    Its a very demanding job being a priest i would think, they say mass every morning and alot of evenings too. Then there is confessions and all the other church gatherings. Birth marriages and deaths also have to be attended and you have to be pious all the time. Then visiting the sick, the needy and schools. Priests are on call 24 7 sure after a few years you'd driven demented. They probably need to retire early to pray and meditate to get ready for judgement day. Christ what a life.

Not to mention all the smoking, drinking and rollerblading.

Advertisement