Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesak 2010

Options
  • 23-05-2010 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hey guys :)

For those of you who are celebrating Vesak this coming Thursday, the 27th of May, how shall you be going about it? Has anybody got any plans?

Just in case there's anybody who isn't aware of the annual celebrations - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesak

I'm not participating in any kind of community unfortunately, and seeing as I've got my Leaving Cert exams coming up I shall be spending my second Vesak away from any traditional celebration. I'll just try to be mindful for the day, moreso than usual, and give myself a bit more time for my nightly meditation. Even though I'm away from any sangha, being aware of the Vesak celebrations and following everyone else's can make me feel positive :)

Advertisement