Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help

Options
  • 23-05-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this is going to be the toughest message ill ever write
    I need help Im not suicidal but sometimes that comes into my head as a means to get away from things, in reality I hate people who do that I think there selfish.
    My problem is Im a fanasist one who is so broke I cant afford the 60 euro to go to the doctor.
    I dont want pills I just want to be able to meet a girl be honost and get married etc etc...
    Im 29 and barley able to hack my ****ty job I cant talk to anyone can someone point me in the right place to go for help
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Sometimes pills can useful for a short period while you get yourself back on track. But that's really for you and a GP.

Can you get a medical card or anything like that if you can't afford a GP?

You can always call Samaritans as well if you're feeling low, and they can proffer some advice.

There are ways of 'escape' that can lead to beneficial life changes - ie taking a TEFL course and getting a job abroad seems to be a popular one these days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks cafe coulour
    heres where it gets tough
    samaritans cant talk back and and i dont want to top myself its a permanent solution to a temporay problem Im in that loophole where i dont qualify for a medical card and cant afford a doctor over the past year Ive learned to self diagnose because getting professional treatment costs too much think of if a trip to a and e means either my rent or the weeks shopping dosnt get paid how pathetic is this country??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

There are lots of free support groups. You could always ring your doctor's surgery and ask for information about them in your area. Don't be embarrassed to tell the receptionist that you are feeling really down and can't afford to see the doctor but need help. If she is any good, she will tell the doctor and he will see you regardless of payment.

Here are a couple to start with and they are both free.

GROW There is a section there giving meetings/times/places.

Pieta House

I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

www.givesmehope.com
    :D
    Prepare to spend hours laughing and crying, and feeling better.

Advertisement