Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacked Out drop down menus

Options
  • 23-05-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

When ever i right click on anything on my computer the drop down menu is blacked out and the options only become visible once i move the mouse cursor over them.

Does anyone what may be causing this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    When ever i right click on anything on my computer the drop down menu is blacked out and the options only become visible once i move the mouse cursor over them.

Does anyone what may be causing this???

Video card drivers not installed (or corrupt)
    or
    Video card faulty (or not plugged in correctly)
    or
    Computers RAM faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

nmesisca wrote: »
    or
    or
    Computers RAM faulty

Its only happening every now and then, its happening less frequently than it was last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sounds like video issue as was said above.

First thing I would do - go to the manufacturers website, download and install the latest drivers for your video card.

From what you describe though, the issue may be to do with your hardware or one malfunctioning application that messes up your video when it is run.. You need to keep a log of what apps are running when this starts happening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

nmesisca wrote: »
    or
    or
    Computers RAM faulty
    unlikely to be RAM or faulty video card if only affects drop down menus

Try a different colour depth and /or resolution
    Try changing acceleration on the videocard or change video settings from best appearance to best performance and visaversa

you have rebooted at least twice to rule out a glitch?

do a system restore to when it was last OK

check for updated drivers anyway , have you installed any desktop application or changed any settings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

unlikely to be RAM or faulty video card if only affects drop down menus

Try a different colour depth and /or resolution
    Try changing acceleration on the videocard or change video settings from best appearance to best performance and visaversa

you have rebooted at least twice to rule out a glitch?

do a system restore to when it was last OK

check for updated drivers anyway , have you installed any desktop application or changed any settings ?

I have seen this happen several times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement