Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hes still hurting me

Options
  • 23-05-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My ex walked out on me 2 years ago. I should be long over it but I'm not. Some days are great, and for the most part I'm getting though the recovery process. He left me in a very tough situation, (kids involved but dont want to give away too much info)

He hadnt the emotional maturity to deal with what happened to us and left me to pick up the pieces but not before he had cheated numerous times and basically treated me in an appaling way. Even solictors were shocked at his behaviour.

So he has met someone else, (truth be known he probably left me for her) treats her like a queen and in his words she has everything I didnt get. It hurt like hell but I did my best to get on with my life.

How can he treat her so well after what he done to me? Before me he had a very bad track record with women, cheating etc.

Why does he continue to rub my face in it? Its almost like he likes hurting me. I'm still in the same situation he walked away from and thats not going to change anytime soon. I cant give too much details as I know he uses boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The best prediction of future behavior is past behavior...i mostly agree with that....so in the long run he is probably going to end up treating his new partner the same way he treated you and all the other woman in his life.....

My ex husband was in a new relationship straight away.... she had always being in the background...i wasnt upset because i knew it would be the same story with her and sure enough that relationship only lasted a year.

I dont know what to say except do you want to spend the rest of you life obsessing over someone who is not worth it.. the only person you are hurting is yourself...easier said than done i know!!!

Advertisement