Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a rifle

Options
  • 23-05-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Is there any type of airsoft rifle that looks like a tradition bolt action rifle. I have a 12g, a CZ.17HRM and a .22 air rifle all of which I use to hunt. I'm looking for something that looks like a air or bolt action rifle, the plan would be to use it for target practice as I could use any of the above in my back garden, whereas an airsoft should be fine. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Hmmm ive got the L96 from MIA and its a good rifel. Are you looking to play airsoft or just have some fun? Mainly because you cant take your airsoft out of your garden either, displaying it in a public area would cause some serious hassel. Case of mistaken identity and the police isnt going to be fun. Also if your using it for target practice your range would be decreases compared to the .22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I do a lot a shooting and at one stage i was looking along the same lines as yourself.If your looking for wood stock and shell ejecting realism then try the maruzen line but there not cheap.Alternitivly if your looking for accurate traditional looking rilfe but not with a woodstock ( you might be able to get an after market one im not sure ) then try the marui or jg bar ten but ull have to put money in upgrades to get them shooting somewhat good coming from a real steel background

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Hmmm ive got the L96 from MIA and its a good rifel. Are you looking to play airsoft or just have some fun? Mainly because you cant take your airsoft out of your garden either, displaying it in a public area would cause some serious hassel. Case of mistaken identity and the police isnt going to be fun. Also if your using it for target practice your range would be decreases compared to the .22

No its just for the back garden, I'm looking for something like I use in the field to just practice out the back. It would be like dry firing expect I a firing some and its safe enough to use out the back garden.

As a firearms holder I safe enough around the dangers of taking it out in public. However, as far as I know its ok to fire one of these in a back garden, am I correct on that?

Odysseus wrote: »
    No its just for the back garden, I'm looking for something like I use in the field to just practice out the back. It would be like dry firing expect I a firing some and its safe enough to use out the back garden.

As a firearms holder I safe enough around the dangers of taking it out in public. However, as far as I know its ok to fire one of these in a back garden, am I correct on that?

Yea, just let your neighbours know just in case. One last thing so you know there will be 0 recoil, .22's dont give that mush i know but so you know. After that have a look at the sites. There all on the retailer page and you can decide there. The owners will be happy to answer any questions My L96 was 170 for that + scope and bipod so it was a good package. Go for what your comfortable with. if your unsure on your choice put up your choices here or in the Questions page looking for a review on the options. Cant really give you the best to buy personally, i only have one rifle. Hope i could help

Ya you should be fine.If your looking to use skirmishing aswell then id go with the bar 10 g-spec.ull have a bit of upgrading to do but when your finished ull and a good gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Cheers lads, I'll start to look in to it, your posts have been very helpful.

Np, good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Be very careful - afaik; firing it/bringing it out into your back garden is technically a "public place" if overlooked.:eek:

Someone like Fayer could probably confirm the legality of it.

I'm sure youre aware of the potential penalties for brandishing in public...:eek:

Be very careful - afaik; firing it/bringing it out into your back garden is technically a "public place" if overlooked.:eek:

Someone like Fayer could probably confirm the legality of it.

I'm sure youre aware of the potential penalties for brandishing in public...:eek:

Thus the reason to inform your neighbours, also it is private property similar to a site. Is your back garden fairly visible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I live in a pretty built up area and i have informed both my neighbours on either side. Neither had a problem. Actully one of my neighbours plays airsoft :)

You are far better telling them first than letting them jump to conclusions ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

swiftblade wrote: »
    I live in a pretty built up area and i have informed both my neighbours on either side. Neither had a problem. Actully one of my neighbours plays airsoft :)

You are far better telling them first than letting them jump to conclusions ;)

Yeah, and when you tell them, try go round in a tac vest, uniform, and airsoft mask. Then they will have no problem with whatever you do. They will probable be gracious enought to even let you use their own back garden aswell;)

There is no need to be sarcastic mate. I was just giving my oppinion.

*Backs out of thread* :)

Ah yes.yet another friendly boards question/discussion turning into an argument by over defensive poster.How refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

swiftblade wrote: »
    There is no need to be sarcastic mate. I was just giving my oppinion.

*Backs out of thread* :)

:rolleyes:a bit of light hearted humour is not a personal attack. Just relax

Ok, ok sorry :) All this sun shine is going to my head :p

Advertisement