Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use 2 network connections on a PC?

Options
  • 23-05-2010 11:46am

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to route traffic for my browser over a wireless connection and my torrents over a wired connection?

Thanks in advance,
    N

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to route traffic for my browser over a wireless connection and my torrents over a wired connection?

Thanks in advance,
    N

In the case of Azureus at least, you can bind the client to a certain interface or local address.

Spear wrote: »
    In the case of Azureus at least, you can bind the client to a certain interface or local address.

Interesting, I use utorrent so will explore the preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

In utorrent 2.0, advanced properties, there is a field named "net.outgoing_ip". This may do what you want. I havent tried it !

Advertisement