Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention....Heuston South Quarter scammer on Property sites.

Options
  • 23-05-2010 4:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I have found out a scammer on Daft.ie (www.daft.ie/2894857) and possibly on other property sites if the same email address is given.(francescap@juno.com)
    Said apartment owner is only charging 450euro a month for a two bedroom apartment in Kilmainham. According to her money is not the main issue, she just wants to know that it will be looked after. She said that it is completely furnished and decorated to a high standard but has had to move to London for work so is looking for someone reliable to live in her apartment while she is in London (which may be up to 5 years). If she can afford to rent out a 2 bed, 2 bathroom place for just €450 a month she obviously doesn't need to work, being so loaded and all :rolleyes:
    Anyway, she is the only person with keys (which are in her possession in London) and wants a copy of identification mailed to her and money to be paid into an account before she will post keys for potential tennant to view the property.She sent the reply email with a name heading that wasn't mine, didn't refer to any of my questions so seemed like a pre-written email.
    It is definitely a scam. One which I've not come across before. Do not fall for it and if you can please warn people.It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have set all the renting up through a property manager or estate agent??
    Just to warn people. Bad times!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 foxxrok

Yeah I already reported this but I dont know how long it will take for the add to be removed. Plus it's most likely on other property sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

That one seems similar:
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=894938

The mailadress is from the same Canadian (?) internet provider. If you google that contact number you get postings on different property pages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Those look like stock photos too ... who leaves their towels rolled up sitting on top of the loo, or a candle and rose petals on their bed? :D Maybe if it were an estate agent taking the photos, but I can't imagine an individual doing so ... also, total lack of personal effects, photos etc.

Hopefully there's no one out there naive enough to fall for it ... if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

That one seems similar:
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=894938

The mailadress is from the same Canadian (?) internet provider. If you google that contact number you get postings on different property pages...

You can see from the pictures in the Galway one that it is a foreign property. Look at the electric sockets in kitchen. Heuston one also looks like a foreign apartment from the kitchen pictures but can't be as sure. The boiler in kitchen looks unusual for an Irish apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hmmm. Am tempted to email saying how keen I am on this apartment. Wonder how long could string her along :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ZYX wrote: »
    You can see from the pictures in the Galway one that it is a foreign property. Look at the electric sockets in kitchen. Heuston one also looks like a foreign apartment from the kitchen pictures but can't be as sure. The boiler in kitchen looks unusual for an Irish apartment.

Looks more like a hotel room suit and the view out the window is off for Galway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Two words only: scam baiting

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

Thanks for highlighting this - we (daft) do have support staff working over the weekend and both of the highlighted ads have been removed.

We've also done a sweep of the other ads on-site to ensure that this person has no other properties listed, and have updated our content filters to prevent them from advertising again.

Advertisement