Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help hurricane wanted

Options
  • 22-05-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Folks looking for a prijon hurrican any options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

gally74 wrote: »
    Folks looking for a prijon hurrican any options

ok, this has been here a bit, and no one has replied, so i will have a shot.
    first off, why a hurricane? they were legend boats back in their day, but there are so many better boats for just about anything you could want these days? similar to the hurricane was the prijon fly which came out after the hurricane. the current take on this style of boat from prijon is the soca.
    but none of these boats stand up to what else you could be getting. personally i would recoment the inazone if you want comfort, reliability, forgiveness, but still in a performing package for a beginer -intermediate level paddler.

so, ya, sorry dont know anyone with a hurricane. haven't in years. but hopefully you can find boating bliss in another model?
    take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Well thanks, I was looking for a flat hull type slamon boat, I always loved it in surf, easky in big days

Well thanks, I was looking for a flat hull type slamon boat, I always loved it in surf, easky in big days
    if you like surf, the inazone is the biz. the more modern playboats are not good in surf, but the older ones are quite good. ya, the hurricane was pretty good in surf, but the inazone type boat is WAY better. it is faster, and carves better. another boat of similar properties, kinda new-retro, would be the dagger axiom. it has a similarly slalomy profile to the hurricane legacy. slicy tail, volume in the front. it adds a planing hull with no rocker break, so will be sweet in the surf.
    try demo more boats if you can. you should be able to get your mits on an ina-zone for about 300 euro these days. it is about 10 year old design, but it is still super relevent to paddling today. when it came out it was groundbreaking.

i also love to surf easkey. it is a great wave. hope to see you there one day. take care.

hello,

the zxiom looks interesting,

going up today to see if there's some swell, seems to be building

hello,

the zxiom looks interesting,

going up today to see if there's some swell, seems to be building

ya, we will be out kayaksurfing in tulan tomorow i think. surf should be sweet sunday.

• Advertisement

Surf was good , clean in easky

Surf was good , clean in easky
    glad you got good surf. we had soup in tulan today. total muck, but it was wet and it moved ;)

cant believe how warm the water was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kennymick

Hi
    I've got a Hurricane and would be interested in selling it as i've got young Kids and am looking at picking up a canadian for the family. it's a lively boat and i've many happy memories. it's in good nick hasn't been paddled in a few years but kept stored in a shed. contact me if your still interested. mick

jesus Mick, thats brillant,

peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement