Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it true ??

Options
  • 22-05-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

i heard recently that airsoft was made illegal in china !!!! i would like to know if anyone else has heard about this and if this is true is it the explaination as to why certain retailers range has been reduced eg main irish airsoft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Its always been illegal, the manufactures worked in hidden factories but there was a big crack down (which happens occasionally, before bribes are paid) and they've been longer than usual to get going again, or something to that tune anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

i heard recently that airsoft was made illegal in china !!!! i would like to know if anyone else has heard about this and if this is true is it the explaination as to why certain retailers range has been reduced eg main irish airsoft
    have heard the same cnt verify though as long as it dosent affect taiwan its ok viva la vfc:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Wasent it always illegal? Could of sworn it was but I may be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Explained here - http://www.eirsoft.ie/blog/clones

(Mods, if you'd rather I didn't link to my store page, let me know and I'll just paste the text)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Most clones in China are made in HK which is a special administrative region meaning they don't have the same laws around airsoft that the mainland has and also a few bribes help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

airsoft has always been illegal in china, there are a lot of things that are illegal in china but as anyone who deals with the country will know, money solves most of these issues

recently there was a crack down due to the olympics and 60th anniversary of communism, things are starting to get going again with either factory's moving to different areas in china or relocation to other countrys altogether in some cases
    Most clones in China are made in HK which is a special administrative region meaning they don't have the same laws around airsoft that the mainland has and also a few bribes help

in most cases it is the other way around, you will find the front/offices in HK and the core manufacturing going on in china

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

It has always been illegal, the factories just knew who to pay off. Apparently recently this has stopped working, so people have had to source stuff elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

oh right thanks i just heard it and then the range of guns went down and was dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

If it was always illegal, does that not make us buying imported AEG's from them, also illegal?

Please clarify this, cause I don't want the CAPF breaking down my door when I'm on my way out to a skirmish:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

J.D.R wrote: »
    If it was always illegal, does that not make us buying imported AEG's from them, also illegal?

Please clarify this, cause I don't want the CAPF breaking down my door when I'm on my way out to a skirmish:eek:

They are ''smuggled'' out of China before they are exported so technically the "illegal" part is already done by two other parties (the manufactures themselves and the smugglers) before it gets to a distributer where they are legal to be sold and then exported.

Everyone is or was selling China made airsoft gear for years, if it was illegal alot of people all over the world are in alot of trouble one would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

They are ''smuggled'' out of China before they are exported so technically the "illegal" part is already done by two other parties (the manufactures themselves and the smugglers) before it gets to a distributer where they are legal to be sold and then exported.

Everyone is or was selling China made airsoft gear for years, if it was illegal alot of people all over the world are in alot of trouble one would think.

OK, I kind of understand the logic, but I don't think that would hold up in a chinese court.

Luckily, this isn't a chinese court, so I'm happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

You've also got the Expo/worlds fair in Shanghai which has probably caused another crack down on dodgy doings and taking bribes. All will probably be back in working order again in a few weeks. Apparently the guys doing the shipping from the mainland to hong kong are cutting back on their activities at the moment too.

You've also got the Expo/worlds fair in Shanghai which has probably caused another crack down on dodgy doings and taking bribes. All will probably be back in working order again in a few weeks. Apparently the guys doing the shipping from the mainland to hong kong are cutting back on their activities at the moment too.

That Expo is running until November, I believe. It might be some time before things get back to normal, if indeed they ever do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Out of interest, anyone know why its illegal for airsoft devices to be produced in mainland china?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

hightower1 wrote: »
    Out of interest, anyone know why its illegal for airsoft devices to be produced in mainland china?

Because it is? Why is anything illegal anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

hightower1 wrote: »

As far as I know the official reason is because it is illegal for any citizen to possess a firearm outside of the military or the police forces. This is hardly convincing though since China appears to be communism by degrees, where some people are a lot more equal than others and entitled to possess things like shotguns, rifles and even pistols for personal sporting use.

Its simply a means of keeping the masses under control. Similar to our laws here - the government is aware that airsoft devices are essentially harmless toys however their manufacture is prohibited in order to prevent the unchecked proliferation of them within the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Shiva wrote: »
    That Expo is running until November, I believe. It might be some time before things get back to normal, if indeed they ever do.

OUCH! There's lots of talk of the heads of the clone manufacturers being in prison and death row but thats probably all just BS tbh.

OUCH! There's lots of talk of the heads of the clone manufacturers being in prison and death row but thats probably all just BS tbh.

Yeah, theres loads of rumours going around alright.

I doubt the Death Row thing though, cos China doesn't have one. You get convicted, then executed 20 minutes later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Shiva wrote: »
    Yeah, theres loads of rumours going around alright.

I doubt the Death Row thing though, cos China doesn't have one. You get convicted, then executed 20 minutes later :)

China likes to use "mobile" execution centres (read "buses"). You get marched onto one; executed by lethal injection, then they then optionally indulge in organ harvesting (legal for executed criminals with consent although there are strong concerns regarding coercion in regards said 'consent' as this is a very lucrative line of business)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Coercion Lemming? How do you coerce a man that you're about to kill? Offer an upgraded death?
    "Sir, we have you down here for the standard messy execution with the potential for voiding your bowels and other uncomfortable and degrading experiences - how would you feel about an upgrade to the executive experience?"

• Advertisement

drugs, sleep deprivation etc etc

and then you get onto the who area of ordered organs, can find one you want? well we can find a willing prisoner......but that for another time and another forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Coercion Lemming? How do you coerce a man that you're about to kill? Offer an upgraded death?

Torture = pain physical or psychological, threaten his family.
    Some methods of execution are more messy / longer than others too.

On topic, we've been notified by multiple suppliers that 90% of what's being manufactured is going to the US. Europe just isn't getting the look in. China is still manufacturing. Yes it is illegal, I believe it's got to do with the manufacturing of arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Because it is? Why is anything illegal anywhere?

I was just wondering if it was an RIF situation or something more broad reaching in firearm or RIF ownership/manufacturing in mainland China.

Hivemind gave a very clear cut response anyway so its fine. Thanks for the "information" :rolleyes:

Lemming wrote: »
    China likes to use "mobile" execution centres (read "buses"). You get marched onto one; executed by lethal injection, then they then optionally indulge in organ harvesting (legal for executed criminals with consent although there are strong concerns regarding coercion in regards said 'consent' as this is a very lucrative line of business)

crazy communist chinese

the things people do to make our beloved airsoft guns where would we be without them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Actually a quick google search will show that airsoft is NOT ILLEGAL in China.

Apparently the authorities don't care whether or not it's illegal as they cannot tell the difference between real firearms and airsoft guns. So they confiscate and crack down on airsoft regardless.

It is common knowledge amongst the people that it is illegal but that isn't true, they've just been told the wrong thing by the police.

The reason for this is because the police and public strongly believe that airsoft guns can be converted to fire live ammunition which also isn't true.

There are actually apparently no laws at all regarding the ownership of airsoft guns in mainland china, not even a limit on the muzzle energy. Which is another reason the police are confused as they think that airsoft guns come under real firearms restrictions. (sort of like how it was in ireland a few years ago)

There are laws in the SAR's (like Hong Kong) such as a maximum muzzle energy of 2 joules. This is why they are acceptable in the SAR's because there are actually laws there in place so people understand there legality.

actually a google search will tell you a lot of stuff, you will have stuff saying it is and stuff saying it is not

the reason for this is that airsoft has not offical classification so this is where it is open to interpretation, for the guys on the streets airsoft is illegal and that is how the cops treat it beacuse they just throw it all in with the fire arms laws that are on the books, does not matter what goggle tells you

talk to any supplier and they will confirm its status for you, especially when considering the pay off involved,

does not matter there is no specific law saying it is banned, for all practical applications its banned

hong kong is a little different given its British history and its status the airsoft laws are a hang over from the past

Puding wrote: »
    actually a google search will tell you a lot of stuff, you will have stuff saying it is and stuff saying it is not

the reason for this is that airsoft has not offical classification so this is where it is open to interpretation, for the guys on the streets airsoft is illegal and that is how the cops treat it beacuse they just throw it all in with the fire arms laws that are on the books, does not matter what goggle tells you

talk to any supplier and they will confirm its status for you, especially when considering the pay off involved,

does not matter there is no specific law saying it is banned, for all practical applications its banned

hong kong is a little different given its British history and its status the airsoft laws are a hang over from the past

Actually that's exactly what I said, but in different wording.
    the reason for this is that airsoft has not offical classification so this is where it is open to interpretation, for the guys on the streets airsoft is illegal and that is how the cops treat it beacuse they just throw it all in with the fire arms laws that are on the books
    amurph0 wrote: »
    Apparently the authorities don't care whether or not it's illegal as they cannot tell the difference between real firearms and airsoft guns. So they confiscate and crack down on airsoft regardless.

It is common knowledge amongst the people that it is illegal but that isn't true, they've just been told the wrong thing by the police.

The reason for this is because the police and public strongly believe that airsoft guns can be converted to fire live ammunition which also isn't true.

There are actually apparently no laws at all regarding the ownership of airsoft guns in mainland china, not even a limit on the muzzle energy. Which is another reason the police are confused as they think that airsoft guns come under real firearms restrictions. (sort of like how it was in ireland a few years ago)

As you can see i said that airsoft is not illegal on paper, but it's treated as illegal by the authorities.

paper doesnt refuse ink

yes it is what you said, i was agreeing with you, i was confirming your conclusions with my own experience, im sorry i do not see the problem?

maybe i did not need to repeat a small section of it but i read your post had to do something else and then wrote my reply, there is no need to be on the offensive

• Advertisement

yes it is what you said, i was agreeing with you, i was confirming your conclusions with my own experience, im sorry i do not see the problem?

maybe i did not need to repeat a small section of it but i read your post had to do something else and then wrote my reply, there is no need to be on the offensive

The way you wrote it, saying that it did not matter what came up on google, seemed to me like you were arguing. :o

Sorry dude :D

Advertisement