Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to use to make a slideshow?

Options
  • 22-05-2010 7:53pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello. Back in the day I used use iMovie to make slideshows and upload them to youtube, but I don't have a mac anymore, and I'm having a lot of trouble with Adobe Premiere.
    How do you people make slideshows? I would love something like what these guys have made here: http://www.nextgenerationnepal.com/Slideshows

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dulce7

Photo Story for Win is pretty good http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx or there is Animoto and One True Media online tools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Flash should do the job easily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

There is a pretty slick app out there called ProShow- the biggest advantage of the software being that you can choose to export your slideshows at multiple resolutions and in multiple formats - a movie file, a flash file, an executeable, a proprietary plugin for the web, plus lots lots more.

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/producer

It's a very intuitive app that lets you drop your clips into an interface that looks a bit like windows movie maker, then flick over to a timeline view to customise durations.

I'm an expert user of Flash, Premiere and After Effects but I still chose ProShow to make my Japan slideshows:

http://vimeo.com/channels/98629

Seriously- ProShow is where it's at :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Flash should do the job easily enough.

How do you come to that conclusion ?

Proshow is the way to go ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbloggs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I use the windows live movie maker.. grand if you just want a simple youtube... allows multiple resolutions..

nothing spectacular but it's ok if you just want to bang something simple together

Last post reported as spam, please please please do NOT use powerpoint or I will find and reeducate you personally.

I didn't suggest power point:confused::confused::confused: windows live movie maker

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Live-Movie-Maker/3000-13631_4-10965753.html

super simplistic program to make slide shows... nice and simple for your casual user and can make some pretty nice slide shows if you want to

oh hah that was funny the spam post was deleted and you read my post as refering to you.... a bot slammed the forum with a link to some crappy pp 2 DVD software.... *sigh*

no offense intended!

• Advertisement

oh hah that was funny the spam post was deleted and you read my post as refering to you.... a bot slammed the forum with a link to some crappy pp 2 DVD software.... *sigh*

no offense intended!

ahhh right right right my bad my bad...

there really should be a system that just shows that there was a deleted post there or something lol :P my bad no offense taken

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just bumping this up as there is already good info.

I am looking to make a slideshow to be shown on a DVD, I have ~250 pictures and plan to have 3 worded captions at the start, then I want pictures with 4-5sec breaks and a short fade transition between them. I want to play 4 mp3s while the slideshow is going on. Ideally it would be free software, or a free trial with no watermark.

My pics are numbered in order already. Ideally I would be able to drag and drop the lot of them into the software in 1 go and it would keep them in order, then in one go I would like to have a 4 sec gap and fade between them. (I have heard some programs make you individually drop each file in and then tell it how long to be up and transition etc).

Which software would be best for this? My mate has nero and I used it to convert a windows movie player file into DVD before, so it is not essential to output a DVD file.

The second post says photo story 3 which I heard is good, but some say you need to buy software to get it to DVD, but I am guessing nero might be able to convert the outputted file. Or is there other free third party ones that could do it?

Nero is great software - a smooth workflow would be to create your video in Proshow, then export a DVD compkatible mpeg 2 file using the buyout in export settings, then author it using Nero.... simples :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

create your video in Proshow,
    Cheers, that proshow looks good but I read the trial version leaves a watermark, and I was too cheap to pay :D
    jbloggs wrote: »
    I went with this one, it is very basic but I did what I wanted, and took up little space. It seems to download a suite of freebies which work with each other automatically. You can make a slideshow and output a DVD ISO file ready to burn, it also has the burning software.

Had a few problems, I put music in but wanted a delay at the start and could not find a way to do it. I ended up making a 20second empty wave file with sound recorder and put it in like its a music track. The software had a black jpg to put in when you wanted just a black screen. There was also no way of putting captioned text on the screen, only one line subtitles. I just made jpgs of text and put them in like any other picture.

Advertisement