Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is the better lawnmower engine- b&s, koloher or honda

Options
  • 22-05-2010 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

as the title says

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Hands down Honda. Just look at the functionality (excellent user controls), weight (very good manoueverability), superior materials and construction.

It costs more, but it gives a lot more than the alternatives.

Sorry to hijack your thread German rocks, but I am looking for lawnmower advice too.
    I have a big enough lawn about an acre, but it has lots of beds, bushes and trees dotted around it.
    I wonder if it is better to go for a narrower mower, to get in and out of all the nooks and crannies.
    Or a larger width deck, to cut quicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack your thread German rocks, but I am looking for lawnmower advice too.
    I have a big enough lawn about an acre, but it has lots of beds, bushes and trees dotted around it.
    I wonder if it is better to go for a narrower mower, to get in and out of all the nooks and crannies.

Sounds like you need a front mounted deck machine.

Re; the engines, my preference would be

1. Honda
    2. B&S
    3. Kohler - however, I'd have a yamaha over a kohler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

ok same lawnmower self propelled comes in either

6.75hp b and s easy start
    or
    6.5hp honda

honda is €80 dearer.
    is it worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Check out the Ariens mower, I am on my 2nd one. In my opinion it is better than the Honda, uses Brigs and stratton engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Moonbaby wrote: »

Check this site out

http://www.adquip.co.uk/fuzion_zero_turn_rideon_ride_tractor_lawn_new_mower.htm

I have a garden similar to yours in size and layout, I bought one of these Zero turn mowers (42" B&S) and they are great. They will fly around the garden, spin around the trees, and I use a small push mower to finish off any small areas where the ride on will not fit (10 min).
    Worth a look and checking the latest price, although the euro/stg rate isnt great at the mo.

I have no connection with the co., just a very happy customer :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

or
    6.5hp honda

honda is €80 dearer.
    is it worth it

is the €80 premium worth it to get the machine with a honda engine....well, probably not.
    The B&S is very unlikely to give you any hassles ansd will be warrantied anyway.
    And, you'll not get any more money for the honda engined machine v's the B&S machine when you got to trade it in tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭mountain

or
    6.5hp honda

honda is €80 dearer.
    is it worth it

some of the honda dealers in cork and kerry will move on price for cash....

Advertisement