Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[B]Audi S3[/B]

Options
  • 22-05-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Thought i'd start an new thread for this.

Just picked up my S3 and have noticed one or two things on it.

The minor one first, the door sensor. Door is closed, but in dash screen says its open and light stays on. Where is the sensor located?

I have heard a slight hissing noise from below the car on the passenger side when i get up to about 4000rpm in 6th. I know its not the noise of the turbo because thats separate. Are there any tubes or hoses down there that might be loose causing this?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭tossy

The minor one first, the door sensor. Door is closed, but in dash screen says its open and light stays on. Where is the sensor located?

The door lock modules on all mk4 cars give trouble,mostly the fail and the car thinks the door is not open i.e the headlights on warning buzzer wont sound or the interior lights wont come on when you open the door.I presume its the drivers door? not that hard to fix although it is a fidgity job,you should find plenty of 'how to' guides on Audi forums and the lock module new should be no more than 100 or so from a dealers.
    I have heard a slight hissing noise from below the car on the passenger side when i get up to about 4000rpm in 6th. I know its not the noise of the turbo because thats separate. Are there any tubes or hoses down there that might be loose causing this?

Under the front i presume?

The S3 has twin side mounted intercoolers the boost pipe into the passenger side one or the pipe that connects the two could be loose or split.

Edit: i presumed it was a mk1 S3 yes?

Advertisement