Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water tank to make a pond

Options
  • 22-05-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Any body know where I can get a water tank roughly 2/2.3 meters in length and 1 meter wide and 1 meter high???
    I have a balcony a balcony thats approx 6m length and 2.4m wide and was thinking of putting a tank there that I could put fish into it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You would end up with aprox 2 tons of water in a tank that size, would the balcony handle the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

mp22 wrote: »
    You would end up with aprox 2 tons of water in a tank that size, would the balcony handle the weight.

its concrete underneath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

its concrete underneath
    You would still need to be sure... Concrete is fine but if it's only reenforced sufficently to take foot trafic it may disappear under 2 tonne of water...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sounds like a bath to me.... Seriously, if you are not in direct sun, do you need a meter deep, thats a lot of water.

And come to think of it, if you are in direct sun its not a good idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

looksee wrote: »
    Sounds like a bath to me.... Seriously, if you are not in direct sun, do you need a meter deep, thats a lot of water.

And come to think of it, if you are in direct sun its not a good idea anyway.

meant to say under a meter high. the sun hits the balcony around 1-2pm but not all that would be direst sunlight as the sun goes down its straight at the balcony and the wall of the balcony is in the way and would give some shelter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement