Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal forms for grant

Options
  • 22-05-2010 11:16am

I got sent the renewal forms for 2010/2011 grant yesterday. There was the application form, cover letter, etc. and that's all fine. Thing is there were three other forms included and I'm not sure if I'm meant to fill them out or not. They were affadavits for maintenance, separation and divorce situations. None of these situations apply to me so do I fill out the forms as nil and send them with the application, or do I just throw them out and fo'geddaboudit?

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I was one of the lucky few who actually got their grant at a reasonable date last year, mainly due to the fact that I was completely anal about filling out the forms correctly, and extremely lucky. And hey, it's not like anyone would be surprised if the council sent out forms that didn't apply to you at all but then refused to accept your application until they got them back...

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

What council was it?? I'm with Dublin City Council and I have not got any form in the mail.

I remember last year, we had to wait for the budget to come out during the summer and in mid summer we could get the form.

There is no information on their website either.

I'm with Fingal Co. Council. I only know a couple of people who have been sent the forms so far, I think mine must have been in the one of the first few batches sent out.

Any ideas about these affadavits???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Hey guys,

I'm with Wicklow County Council and they informed me that they sent out circa 1500 renewal forms yesterday.

Anyone there who has the renewal form already, I was just wondering do you still require a letter from the Social Welfare if you have a P21 sorted.

Please Note: this is for a postgrad application.

Cheers,

Owlwink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

I think the affidavit was supposed to be signed by a peace commissioner? I remember last year when I was applying my mam was saying a form had to be signed by a peace commissioner and I'm pretty sure it was the affidavit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Einstein? wrote: »
    What council was it?? I'm with Dublin City Council and I have not got any form in the mail.

I remember last year, we had to wait for the budget to come out during the summer and in mid summer we could get the form.

There is no information on their website either.

I got my renewal form from DCC today so you should get it soon, it is one page and they have asked for the name of Course, Code of Course, Year you are about to enter and what date it will start,they are also looking for this years results which I wont get until September as I have to repeat some exams from Christmas, and last month if I am honest:o. If you haven't got yours by Friday give them a call on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

I got my renewal form from DCC today so you should get it soon, it is one page and they have asked for the name of Course, Code of Course, Year you are about to enter and what date it will start,they are also looking for this years results which I wont get until September as I have to repeat some exams from Christmas, and last month if I am honest:o. If you haven't got yours by Friday give them a call on Tuesday.

I got mine today too :pac::pac::pac:

Now I just have to wait for my exam results. Hopefully there will be no problems with late grants this year.

fingers crossed
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 6 legoboy

Hi, i got my grant renewal form in the post, it stated on it that i must include income/earnings for year ending 2009, my circumstances haven't changed from last year, is it ok to just fill out form and not include income/earnings from 2009,

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

got mine from limerick county council few weeks ago, but I was just wondering if you fail some exams does that mean you can't apply until/if you pass the exams in the repeats?

Advertisement