Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the pharcyde

Options
  • 22-05-2010 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

what ever happened to them, why did they only ever do two albums?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I dunno but the song they did with portishead was fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

yeah it was a good idea alright and well put together. still not as good as the original production though for me. some of there tracks are so advanced they're ****in unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

They released 4 albums and then a couple of compilation/remix albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

wasnt it just the two with all four members and then humboldt beginnings with 2 of them?

id love to know the names of any of there other stuff if you know it. their shaggin great!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

after the first 2 albums, some members dropped out but as Makaveli says they released albums comps and mixtapes.

Fatlip went on to release a solo album too that is worth listening to...but doesnt reall sound like the Pharcyde stuff that much.

There were rumours that they where getting back together at one point recently, not sure if anything happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah Fatlip got the boot and was hated on hard for it.

They released Plain Rap before Humboldt Beginnings but Fatlip was gone by that stage.

Check out Almyghty Myghty Pythons - AMP, it's a collabo EP between The Pharcyde and Souls of Mischief. Only three tracks though.

Sold My Soul: The Remix & Rarity Collection has some great stuff on it, definitely get it if you haven't already.

Advertisement