Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reseeding Advice

Options
  • 22-05-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Well lads, just sprayed off a few acres there today hopin to put new grass in a field. field is quite rough as was used to winter cattle so thinkin of ploughin it now. topsoil is good and its a good field for growin grass. what depth should i go? as far as lime is concerned, im thinkin of spreadin granlime for da time bein for pure handyness and maybe the quarry lime later in the year. has anybody ever used it? would i get away with rolling after ploughing then a few runs of a land leveller or shud i rotavate it before sowing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

GJB10 wrote: »
    Well lads, just sprayed off a few acres there today hopin to put new grass in a field. field is quite rough as was used to winter cattle so thinkin of ploughin it now. topsoil is good and its a good field for growin grass. what depth should i go? as far as lime is concerned, im thinkin of spreadin granlime for da time bein for pure handyness and maybe the quarry lime later in the year. has anybody ever used it? would i get away with rolling after ploughing then a few runs of a land leveller or shud i rotavate it before sowing?

depends on your soil should till out very well now with the roller and leveller.

why not spread the quarry lime now and cultivate it in? would be a good bit cheaper
    gran lime needs to be spread at the onset of the growing season and topped up annually,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

What is the cost of 'Granlime' per tonne?

Very handy, alright, but I'd imagine that it is very expensive compared to 'ground limestone'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

pakalasa wrote: »
    What is the cost of 'Granlime' per tonne?

Very handy, alright, but I'd imagine that it is very expensive compared to 'ground limestone'.

€130

Advertisement