Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Java Programming Eclipse Help

• 21-05-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi i am using jGrasp at the moment and am looking to start using Eclipse.
    is there a version for windows 7 64bit and if so can some point me towards it and help with JRE - JDK cant find anything on google.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Hi there, i'm using eclipse on windows 7 64-bit and you just get it from the downloads page of the eclipse site : http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
    Its probably the bottom one you want, and on the right is a link to the 64-bit version, although I'm not sure there is any difference between the 2 versions at the moment. As for the JRE - JDK, what is it you need help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hzhang

Install jdk first, java 6 recommended. Then download eclipse for j2se, unzip it and it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Gman_Ireland

@Joneser hi i did download but when i got into it and try run , it keep saying " a JRE or JDK must be available in order to run Eclipse".

would you have a link so i can download one of these.

do i need to uninstall jGrasp.

been trying to download a few now, LOST.

@ hzhang hi would you have the link for JDK, do i need to uninstall all the others i downloaded and start fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

hi Gman, this would probably be the download you want : http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/widget/jdk6.jsp
    If you make sure to select windows x64 in the drop down menu on the left, once that is installed then your eclipse should work, good luck :)

@aidan_walsh Thanks working now. thanks for the help...

@Joneser Thanks for link have it working now..

:)

Advertisement