Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any idea why lightroom is suddenly crashing windows?

Options
  • 21-05-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

..at least i think that's what's happening...

my laptop has vista running and while i'm not too fond of it i've never had a problem with adobe lightroom on this laptop. i haven't done anything weird lately to either lightroom or vista, and a few days ago when i openend up lightroom to do some stuff it just freezes... the top of the window says ''not responding'' and then a few seconds later the whole laptop freezes. the only way i can get out of it is to switch off and restart windows. i have stuff i need to do with lightroom quite urgently - does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or point me in some direction? have googled myself demented but can't find why it's doing this. and obviously [or maybe not that obviously] i'm a technophobe.... :o

thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Is the version of Lightroom fully compatabile with the operating system (OS)? (what version of OS is it anyway?)
    Did lightroom or the OS get any updates?

Rebooting clears out the memory of something loaded so maybe with an update to one of the other, there is a clash of something.
    Maybe those updates could be reversed/uninstalled?

Create a restore point (if possible) - then try going back to an earlier one before the problems started.
    It might help!

Advertisement