Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Gardens/Outside Drinking Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 21-05-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

Given the weather this evening and the likelihood of it staying like this for the weekend, just wondering if people have any tips for outdoor drinking venues?

I'd like the Pav in trinity myself but mate doesn't fancy it, so any other places? Preferably with decent beer (Galway Hooker, O'Hara's).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

O'Neill's of Suffolk Street roof garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Dices..!! But it gets to packed.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

BeerNut wrote: »

Is it any use? Anyone know the opening hours for it?

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Is it any use?
    :confused: It has chairs and tables. What else do you need from a beer garden?
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Anyone know the opening hours for it?
    Same as the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

BeerNut wrote: »

Aargh! I knew i'd heard of a rooftop garden but just couldn't remember where it was. Ah well, plans got scuppered by mate so we ended up in shibeen chic which for all it's contrived hipsterness has one of the most disappointing selections of beer imaginable - 1795 the budvar beer was the best in bottles (rest was coors lite and similar rubbish) and they had harp as well, not sure if that was ironic (given their schtick is recycled materials) or not but I had a pint just to see if it was as awful as I remembered, it wasn't but was just really boring.

Well I'll know for next time thanks TBN.

• Advertisement

1795 the budvar beer
    It's not Budvar, it's České Budějovice's other brewery: Měšťanský.

Advertisement