Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3 Problems

Options
  • 21-05-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Sorry for another NCT thread, but just had mine done today to sell the car and needless to say, it failed.

Reasons below:

Damaged headlight-> im thinking a scrap yard to get new second hand one, how much can i expect to pay for this?

Axle and Wishbone bushes-> Get some bushes for 6 each on micks garage, but not sure about the axle.

Finally, the emmissions-> 4.68%, where it shouldnt be more than .50% (low idle)
    HC was 444 ppm
    6.23%, where it shouldnt be more than .30% (high idle)
    HC was 743 ppm

Any ideas what the cost will be to get it passed? (Without breaking my heart, or pocket!!!)

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Sound like lamda probe is not working or air filter is completely blocked.

Which engine is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

its the 1.6..

On another note just picked up my s3.

It seems perfect except one small thing, in 6th gear, at about 4000 rpm, there is a hissing noise coming from under the car on the passenger side..

Any idea what this might be also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

its the 1.6..

On another note just picked up my s3.

It seems perfect except one small thing, in 6th gear, at about 4000 rpm, there is a hissing noise coming from under the car on the passenger side..

Any idea what this might be also?

Is it the turbo? Did you have the window open? I used to have an Octavia vRS which I thought was "rolls royce" silent, till one day I had the window down and could clearly hear the turbo hiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

Nah, i know the turbo sound but its coming from the same place.. i only noticed cos the i had the radio off for a minute..

i don't really know cars, but if i had to guess, id imagine it's some sort of hose with a hole in it..

Advertisement