Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when to go about applying for BTEA

Options
  • 21-05-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

hey guys and gals

so i got an acceptance letter from UL last week, so i'm guaranteed my place in September, great news,
    Im a 30 old male retuning to education after many years working the boom on the buildings
    Ive been signing since january when I got let go, whens to best time to apply for the btea allowance, should i wait till sept when i have 9 months done, my stamps run out then anyhow, or whats the process, any advice appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

hey guys and gals

so i got an acceptance letter from UL last week, so i'm guaranteed my place in September, great news,
    Im a 30 old male retuning to education after many years working the boom on the buildings
    Ive been signing since january when I got let go, whens to best time to apply for the btea allowance, should i wait till sept when i have 9 months done, my stamps run out then anyhow, or whats the process, any advice appreciated, thanks

Congrats! I have just finished 1st year myself in UL.

It's so hard to know, your best bet would be to go in to the bte hatch and ask them straight up what is the right thing to do.

I think I waited 'til Sept to apply and was sorry as it took aaaages to get sorted which meant I had to stay signing and it got very complicated. It all worked out for the best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

My advice is to apply as soon as you can . Call in and hand in the form personally.My experience is delay after delay,and there is no point phoning,Keep calling to check on your application

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have the form filled out but will I have to wait until the cao offers in August to get the acceptance letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

I think part of the application process is that you need a letter from the college stating that you're a full-time student there and the start date of the course, so regardless of when you apply in order for the BTEA to be registered fully you'll need that. (I'm pretty sure I needed that last year.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

nukinfuts is right. You can put your application in anytime you like but it won't be fully approved till you have proof you are fully registered with your uni. Registration usually takes place in late august sometime but if you got your application in now to get it going then once you have the proof you can send that in afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

HEY GUYS .... i read somewhere here that there was a closing date for BTEA
    LIKE you need to send in your application form in advance of the registration letter

dark Knight .. ive already applyed to Swo , handed in my application and a copy of the cao acceptance from ... and the guy told me that they would write out to me in august to say whether i was accepted for it or not ,
    and if i was ,then i can hand in my letter of registration from the college in sept

he also told me i could work part time and keep the allowance .. theres no harm getting your application in anyway ... good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

i applied for it last week
    sent in my forms, i asked the guy behind the desk he said i picked a bad time to send it in cause it could take weeks for a reply cause nearly everybody puts in the forms during July.

How long do you think i should wait until i call back up?

Advertisement