Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVR

Options
  • 21-05-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Well, its been coming.
    This is a notice that we’re making changes in 3.3.5 in attempts to break the ability for the AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) mod to continue functioning. For those unaware, this mod allows players to draw in the 3D space of the game world, which can then be shared with others who are also using the mod. In some cases this manifests itself through drawing/tagging/defacing the game world, but more popularly is used to give visual guides for dungeon and raid encounters.

It irks me slightly cos the PP Goo circles are awesome and its mega for sidestepping rotface explosions. Its actually far less usefull than i thought it would be and really it only helped us in identifying where to put disease people in PP hc (in the end we just sort of ignored the disease). We are using it for Sindra HC iceblock placements but i guess we better hurry and kill that before they ban it.

BTW, if you dont know what AVR is, look it up - the spaces below this post are reserved for OMG WTF DATS CHEATING WTF U R NOOB qq posts:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm glad its gone, it made things too easy and i also found it annoying on some fights like professor putri.

DBM is more than enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was coming and we all knew it

Made things far too easy, cant say Ill miss it, it wasnt a game changer, just a conviniance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was coming and we all knew it

Made things far too easy, cant say Ill miss it, it wasnt a game changer, just a conviniance.

2 months down the line I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard released their own version.
    Since when has it been their way to make things harder?

Advertisement