Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaking injector

Options
  • 20-05-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just noticed this evening before I finished up that There was a bit of fluid staining the side of the engine of my MF 362. On closer examination it seems to be coming from the first Injector. However it is kind of sooty or like melted rubber. Is it likely to be just Diesel leaking from the injector or what would be causing it. Didnt have time to go into detail as it had got too dark.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SuckinDiesel

i think this stuff is a mixture of carbon and unburned diesel. I had this on my DB 1210 and it ran down the side of the engine then set hard.

It was caused by a leaking copper washer between the injector and the head of the engine. Its was a handy fix just removed the injector, put in a new copper washer with a bit of grease and the leak stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Might be advisable too to use a Torque Wrench to tighten down the Injector Hold Down bolts (if thats what they're called).
    Too loose aand the injectors will leak, too tight and you run the risk of shearing the threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Guys thanks for the replies. I havnt had a chance to comeback to this site sice i posted. I will try that tomorrow.

Advertisement