Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three's "Anytime Mobile Surfing" restrictions?

Options
  • 20-05-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi guys

I'm currently looking at changing to Three as they seem to have the most reasonable prices around for pre-pay net access. While they seem to have recently changed their €9.99 for 1GB offer to €5 for 250MB I noticed on their website that if you top up by €20 you get "Anytime Mobile Surfing" alongside unlimited SMS's.

The site describes it as having access to a few social networking sites, and I'm wondering if in fact you're limited to these select few sites only on "Anytime Mobile Surfing" meaning that to gain access to other things one would have to also purchase a 250MB allowance?

I can't find any terms relating to the offer so I'm only poking in the dark as such

Thanks for the advice

Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

without the add on you get windows live messenger, skype and google searches for free.

5 euro gets you 250mb for the month for actual pages and surfing. Unless you make a lot of daytime weekday calls you could buy 3 of the packages and get 750mb for the month and keep the fiver for the odd few weekday calls as you get unlimited texts all the time to everyone and unlimited calls to everyone on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No internet access is open if you have the add on or not

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

T&C's

Unlimited internet subject to fair usage limit of 250 MB per 30 day period and subject to €5 internet add-on being purchased out of €20 top-up.

Sneaky

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

Phones are the most expensive way possible to surf the net. Don't you have access to a computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

bush Baby wrote: »
    Phones are the most expensive way possible to surf the net. Don't you have access to a computer?

That isnt true, I have a 40 Euro plan per month which includes unlimited internet use. People want access to the internet on the move ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

bush Baby wrote: »
    Phones are the most expensive way possible to surf the net.

I would like to see any non mobile broadband for €5 a month.

There are a lot of people who mightn't go over 250 megs a month so €5 is actually the cheapest internet you will get. Yes if you go over 250megs it iwll cost you more but only if you go over it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

angel01 wrote: »
    That isnt true, I have a 40 Euro plan per month which includes unlimited internet use. People want access to the internet on the move ;)

oh stop bragging about your plan all the time :P though its true :) people get bored when they travel :) keep in touch :)google the internet or something :) they need internet :) though this country is in stone age to broadband availability in terms of price, offers and coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can anyone confirm if the internet is free if you top up with 20e or do you have to buy the add on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I cant understand why they scrapped the one gig bundle and replaced with the 250mb one.. Doesnt seem sensible enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

flodis79 wrote: »
    I cant understand why they scrapped the one gig bundle and replaced with the 250mb one.. Doesnt seem sensible enough.

since the phones and their mobile broadband use the same 3G network it might impact one the traffic congestion...so might have dropped down to 250 to limit the amount of people using it on phone to give more speed for modem users...just a thought ; )

Advertisement