Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is quicker by train from Dublin: Ennis via Limerick or Ennis Via Galway.

Options
  • 20-05-2010 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I am considering a trip west next week by train from Dublin, I thought I would give the Corridor a try for a change instead of the normal Limerick route I would take.

What are the connections like at the Galway end?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

Ennis via Limerick, by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Hungerford wrote: »
    Ennis via Limerick, by a mile.

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,273 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its really down to when you travel. The journey planner returns both options depending on your departure time.

You need to factor in departure time, arrival time and total travel time to what best suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

The Dublin-Limerick-Ennis services usually come out ahead but that is in part because the Dublin-Limerick section spends more time flat out south of Portarlington while the Portarlington-Galway is hobbled by lower speed and single track.

Advertisement